As an associate in the Energy and Infrastructure group, Lauren's practice focuses on energy, environmental, and complex commercial litigation in state and federal court, including class action and multi-district litigation. Lauren has defended energy clients in connection with disputes related to royalty payment practices, hydraulic fracturing, disposal and injection wells, federal and state environmental statutes, and contractual disputes including oil and gas lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, international gas extraction agreements, and arbitration agreements. Lauren has also handled a variety of general civil litigation matters involving causes of action for breach of contract, fraud, negligence, nuisance, contractual and common law indemnity, breach of fiduciary duty, and minority shareholder oppression.
In 2015, Lauren served as a special prosecutor with the City of Houston's Legal Department through a 20-week attorney loan program. She tried ten cases to verdict and negotiated hundreds of plea agreements during that time. Lauren is also actively involved in pro bono work, having successfully represented dozens of clients in divorce and child custody disputes and serving on the Board of Directors of Houston Volunteer Lawyers since 2013.
2012 - J.D., Columbia Law School
2009 - B.A., cum laude, English and Policy Studies, Rice University
2007 - Université Paris 1 - Panthéon-Sorbonne
While in law school, Lauren was a semi-finalist at the Harlan Fiske Stone Moot Court Competition and Notes Editor of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law.
She is admitted to practice law in Texas and in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
- Defending exploration and production companies against claims related to alleged water contamination from drilling activities;
- Defending exploration and production companies against claims for property damage related to hydraulic fracturing and injection wells, including obtaining a favorable settlement in lawsuit involving claims alleging connection between such activities and earthquakes;
- Representing upstream and midstream companies in lawsuits involving claims for underpayment of oil and gas royalties, including class actions and multi-district litigation;
- Defending clients in administrative proceedings challenging environmental agency actions;
- Representing clients in connection with claims related to international customs and taxation;
- Obtained dismissal for gas company in lawsuits related to international and domestic exploration and production agreement;
- Obtained favorable settlement for close corporation in suit alleging breach of fiduciary duty and minority shareholder oppression;
- Obtained dismissal for drilling company in administrative proceeding challenging water supply remediation; and
- Multiple pro bono family law proceedings.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers, Board of Directors (2013 - present)
- Speakers Bureau Committee (2013 - 2014)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors (2014 - present)
- Energy Counsel Committee, Chair (2014 - present)
- Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP Pro Bono Committee (2015 - present)
- Associate Pro Bono Mentor, Houston Office (2013 - 2015)
- Associate Editor, TYL (publication of American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division) (2013 - 2014)
- Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court (2015 - present)
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Women's Energy Network
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA) President's Award (2015)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA) Award of Achievement - Service to the Bar (3rd place, Large City) (for HYLA Energy Counsel Committee) (2015)
- American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division Award of Achievement - Service to the Bar (for HYLA Energy Counsel Committee) (2015)
- Pro Bono College, State Bar of Texas (2013 - present)
"HYLA Energy Counsel Committee," State Bar Leaders Conference, July 25, 2015
Barclay Nicholson and Lauren Brogdon, "Hydraulic Fracturing Litigation," Norton Rose Fulbright Energy Academy, November 2014
- "Kansas Supreme Court Limits Marketable Product Doctrine in Royalty Cases," Law360, July 13, 2015
- "Networking Through Pro Bono Work", TYL (a publication of the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division), March 6, 2014
- "Reigniting Mexico's Energy Industry," Law360, February 7, 2014
- A Cross-Border Litigation Roadmap (101 Practice Series), ABA Young Lawyers Division Litigation Committee Newsletter, Fall 2013
- Book Review: My Beloved World, by Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Women in the Profession Committee Newsletter (American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division), May 2013
- "A New Horizon?: The Need for Improved Regulation of Deepwater Drilling," Columbia Journal of Environmental Law, 2012
- Lauren is also a frequent contributor to Norton Rose Fulbright's Hydraulic Fracking Blog.
- Junior League of Houston
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Tejas Chapter
- French - Proficient
- Italian - Limited Proficiency
- Spanish - Proficient
On July 3, 2015, the Kansas Supreme Court issued its long-awaited, unanimous decision in Fawcett v. Oil Producers, Inc. of Kansas (“OPIK”), 2015 WL 4033549....
July 08, 2015
In late December 2013, the Mexican government, under President Peña Nieto, promulgated a....
February 21, 2014
Houston lawyers Lauren Brogdon and Darren Lindamood were honored with awards at the Law Day Luncheon hosted by the Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA) and....
May 05, 2015
Four Houston lawyers, Lauren Brogdon, Darren Lindamood, Utsav Mathur and Justin Tschoepe have been appointed to leadership roles within the Houston Young Lawyers....
September 23, 2014