Our South African corporate and commercial litigation team provides an Africa-wide hub of corporate litigation expertise that feeds into one of the world’s leading practices in the field of commercial dispute resolution. Working alongside our colleagues throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Central Asia, we specialise in handling high value, complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes on a cross-border and domestic basis.
Our team of expert litigation lawyers advise a number of prominent clients across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Drawing upon the full range of legal services our practice offers, we are able to deliver relevant and specialist advice across all types of commercial litigation and dispute resolution including dispute avoidance, risk management and contractual advice.
Our areas of work include
- competition law including prohibited business practices before the Competition Commission, Competition Tribunal and Competition Appeal Court
- constitutional and administrative law
- fraud recovery
- pension law disputes including surplus legislation
- unlawful competition and restraint of trade
- urgent applications and interdicts.