Our South African transport team is highly regarded within the market for its specialist road and bridge expertise. Working with a number of clients across the continent, we are taking an active role in the development of South African and pan-African infrastructure and road transport.
Working alongside our global team of transport lawyers, we can provide both domestic and cross-border advice on major road and bridge projects throughout the world, drawing upon the expertise of our multidisciplinary practice groups. We have an unrivalled knowledge of local and regional regulation in the space and provide a comprehensive service to prominent clients in the industry.
Our areas of work include
- infrastructure projects
- financing arrangements
- public procurement
- road and bridge tolling projects
Our recent work
- Port Louis Ring Road and Harbour Bridge PPP Project – advised the Mauritian Government on the limited recourse financing of the proposed Port Louis Ring and Harbour PPP project.
- N1-N2 Winelands Toll Highway – advised one of the bidding consortia, bidding in respect of the N1-N2 Winelands Toll Highway put out to tender by The South African national Roads Agency.
- N3 Toll Road Project – advised Rand Merchant Bank as lead arranger on the financing of the N3 Toll Road project, a concession for the upgrading/building, maintaining and operating of the toll road.
- Maputo Corridor N4 Toll Road project – advised Standard Bank and Investec Bank on the refinancing of the Maputo Corridor N4 Toll Road project, a public private partnership for the concessioning of the upgrading/building, maintaining and operating of the toll road (South Africa/Mozambique).