Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Corporate governance
- Capital markets
- Private equity and venture capital
Geetika is an associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Projects group. Her practice focuses on domestic and international business transactions and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project development, corporate governance, securities offerings, private equity, venture capital and project financings involving renewable energy, energy storage and power generation projects – including wind, solar, hydrogen, battery storage and other technologies. She also has experience working with other industries including emerging technologies, healthcare, FinTech and oil and gas.
Geetika was nominated to join the Council on Foreign Relations Young Professionals Briefing Series and participates in the Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy organization and the Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Prior to law school, Geetika served as the Special Assistant to the President of The University of Texas at Austin. Through this role, she was a strategic consultant and advisor to the president, led the development of the university's international strategy and assisted the university's lead counsel with argument preparation for the United States Supreme Court case, Fisher v. University of Texas.
JD, Berkeley Law, 2019
Visiting Scholar, Harvard Law School, 2018 - 2019
BA, High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Dean's Distinguished Graduate, International Relations and Global Studies, The University of Texas at Austin
During law school, Geetika was awarded American Jurisprudence Awards for International Business Negotiations and Entertainment Law, the Prosser Prize for Drafting Business Contracts, Pro Bono Honors and a Certificate in Business Law. She served as the President of the Berkeley Startup Law Initiative, as the President of the Texas Club at Berkeley Law and on the leadership team of the Berkeley Business Law Journal. She also participated in the Harvard Women's Law Association and the Harvard Texas Club.
At UT, she served as the Senate of College Councils President, the Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity President, an Undergraduate Fellow with the Clements Center for History, Strategy and Statecraft and assisted Admiral William McRaven with developing UT System's strategic planning process.
- Texas State Bar
- Represented a solar development company in the sale of an approximately 400 MW development-stage power generation project located in Wilson County and Gonzales County, Texas.
- Represented National Grid Ventures in the formation of a joint venture with RWE Renewables with the goal of developing offshore wind projects in the New York Bight.
- Represented Savion, LLC, a subsidiary of Macquarie Capital, in the sale of the 200 MW Brazoria West solar project located in Brazoria County, Texas to S&B USA (previously Shikun and Binui America).
- Represented Tortoise Capital Advisors, L.L.C. in relation to the purchase by its affiliate of 49.5% of the equity interests in the 59.6 MW Beacon 2 and the 47.2 MW Beacon 5 operating utility-scale solar projects, located in Kern County, CA, from Capital Dynamics and negotiation of joint venture agreements to govern ongoing operations.
- Represented Greencoat Capital LLP on the purchase from RWE of a 24% interest in a holding company that will own four operating wind farms in Texas: the 201 MW Stella project in Kenedy County, the 220 MW Cranell project in Refugio County, the 200 MW East Raymond project in Willacy and Cameron Counties, and the 240 MW West Raymond project in Willacy, Cameron, and Hidalgo Counties.
- Represented Belltown Power in the sale of a 310 MW solar project located in Bosque County, Texas.
- Represented Belltown Power in the sale of a 180 MW development-stage solar project located in Bosque County, Texas.
- Represented Belltown Power in the sale of a 150 MWac development-stage solar project located in Hill County, Texas.
- Represented Belltown Power in the sale of a 50 MW development-stage solar project located in Hunt County, Texas.
- Represented Belltown Power in the sale of a portfolio of development-stage solar projects located in Texas, including a 60 MWac facility in Cooke County, a 135 MWac facility in Fannin County, and a 60 MWac facility in Van Zandt County.
- Represented CIT, Rabobank and Siemens Financial Services on the US$93.3 million debt financing supporting Key Capture Energy's 230 MW portfolio of six battery energy storage systems in Texas.
- Represented Kansai Electric Power Company in the acquisition of a 48.5% interest in the 525 MW Aviator Wind Project in Texas and negotiation of joint venture agreements to govern the construction and operation of the project
- Represented Fengate Asset Management in the acquisition of a majority interest in the 250 MW Amadeus wind project in Kent, Fisher, and Stonewall counties, Texas and the negotiation of joint venture agreements to govern ongoing operations.
- Council on Foreign Relations Young Professionals Briefing Series – Member
- Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy – Member; Peer Mentor Program Participant
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – Member; HYLA Leadership Academy Fundraising Committee Chair 2019-2020
- Center for Women in Law – Accelerate: First Year Associates Program Participant
Norton Rose Fulbright represents National Grid Ventures in the formation of a joint venture for offshore wind projects
May 20, 2021
April 01, 2021
February 12, 2021