Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Jacob Laksin is a senior associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office, where his practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and government investigations. Jacob's experience includes representing foreign and domestic clients in federal and state litigations, government investigations, appeals, and judgment enforcement. Jacob has represented corporations and individuals in a wide range of matters, including breach of contract, commercial fraud, business torts, securities, antitrust, regulatory matters, and arbitration-related litigation under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act.
2015 - J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Fordham Law Review, Dean’s List (2012-2015), Mary Daly Scholar (approximate top 10%), Legal Writing Award, Moot Court Board, Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, magna cum laude, Fordham University School of Law
2003 - B.S., Journalism, Boston University
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represents defendant, a leading Latin American oil and gas company, in an action alleging fraudulent transfer and breach of contract.
- Represented individual in connection with Department of Justice investigation involving the Sherman Act.
- Contributor, "Blockchain law: Redressing cryptocurrency losses through negligence claims," New York Law Journal, November 19, 2019
- "New York’s highest court rejects extension of ‘common interest privilege’ to transactional contexts," International Litigation News, September 2016
- "Avoiding uncertainty in arbitration clauses: a cautionary tale," IBA Arbitration News, August 2016
- "'Reasonableness' Constraints on the Exercise of Personal Jurisdiction by US Courts," International Litigation News, April 2016
- "Commercial Division Update: Applying the Doctrine of Incorporation by Estoppel," New York Law Journal, December 18, 2015
- Legal Intern, Federal Litigation Clinic, Fordham University School of Law, 2015
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Mathew Sciarrino Jr., Kings County Criminal Court, 2013