Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Richard Ney has 40 years’ experience litigating in federal and state courts throughout the United States. He has represented companies in making multimillion dollar claims against the government, litigated disputes between prime contractors and subcontractors, and defended companies charged by the government with contract breaches, defective pricing and False Claims Act violations. Mr. Ney also has substantial experience in derivative, securities and other business litigation.
JD, honors, George Washington University Law School, 1967
BA, Duke University, 1964
- California State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented French investors in a multibillion dollar action brought by the California Commissioner of Insurance, and in related actions brought by others, seeking fraud damages arising out of the rehabilitation of Executive Life Insurance Company.
- Won a defense verdict for a corporation in a derivative suit arising out of environmental violations.
- Represented corporate and individual defendants in a securities class action. Recovered from the Department of Energy under the terms of a cost reimbursement contract millions of dollars of defense costs incurred by a contractor in a criminal investigation.
- Represented Martin Marietta and Allied Chemical in the highly publicized "Equity Funding” insider trading cases. Defended Rockwell International on allegations of defective pricing on the B-1B and GPS satellite contracts.
- Represented Rockwell International in the O.P.M. Leasing Services fraud litigation.
- Represented Rockwell International in its seeking of an injunction against several U.S. executive agencies (including the Department of Energy, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Department of Justice) due to the imposition of inconsistent obligations upon its management of the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons facility.
- Southern California Super Lawyers, General litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2007
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association