Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Max Kellogg is an associate practicing in the New York office and joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2018. Max's practice focuses on commercial litigation, eDiscovery, cybersecurity and data privacy matters. His experience includes assisting clients on a variety of matters including contract disputes and internal investigations. His experience also includes assisting clients with a range of discovery issues, including second requests under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and subpoena responses. Max also advises clients on marketing programs such as sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways.
Max counsels clients with issues surrounding compliance with data privacy laws, incident response, and provides advice on data breach notification laws and obligations. His experience includes assisting clients with determining whether a breach of their information or security systems occurred, investigating and responding to security breaches, and has worked with third-party forensic experts and law enforcement to identify the nature and scope of a compromise. Max's experience also involves preparing consumer and regulatory notifications compliant with state and federal notification laws.
JD, Order of the Coif, Order of Emory Advocates, Emory University School of Law, 2018
BM, summa cum laude, State University of New York at Potsdam, 2011
During law school, Max was a quarter-finalist and runner-up for best brief at the NYU National Immigration Law Competition in the Emory Moot Court Society.
- New York State Bar
- Contributor, "Commercial division update: The slow expansion of conversion claims to cover intangible property," New York Law Journal, February 20, 2020
- Author, "Ninth Circuit severs the "debt collection" exemption of the TCPA in dispute over social media text messages," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, October 31, 2019
- Co-author, "Mic Drop: California AG releases long-awaited CCPA rulemaking," Norton Rose Fulbright Data Protection Report, also published in Bloomberg Law, October 11, 2019
- Co-author, "FTC to levy unprecedented $US5bn fine against Facebook," Norton Rose Fulbright Data Protection Report, July 16, 2019
- Contributor, "Personal Jurisdiction Based on Electronic and Telephonic Communication," New York Law Journal, June 20, 2019
- Author, "Federal judge limits advertisement on social media in trade dress lawsuit," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, May 22, 2019
- Co-author, "EDPB issues new opinion on interplay between Clinical Trials Regulation and the GDPR, "Norton Rose Fulbright Data Protection Report, February 19, 2019
- Co-author, "Pennsylvania Supreme Court holds common law duty for employers extends to protecting sensitive employee information," Norton Rose Fulbright Data Protection Report, December 7, 2018