Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ben Grayson's practice involves the representation of developers, lenders and investors in the financing, construction and development of infrastructure projects, with a focus in renewable energy. This includes drafting and negotiating debt and tax equity financing agreements, engineering, procurement and construction contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, equipment supply agreements and power purchase agreements.
JD, Duke University School of Law, 2017
BA, University of Michigan, 2014
In law school, Ben was a member of the Duke Energy Law Society and the Duke Environmental Law & Policy Forum. He was a legal extern for the International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group).
- New York State Bar
- Representing the tax equity investor in the tax equity financing of a 200 MW solar project in Texas.
- Represented Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners as the developer and sponsor in the negotiation of development and construction agreements and the tax equity financing of a 255 MW solar project in Texas.
- Represented 7X Energy in the debt and tax equity financing of a 250 MW solar project in Texas.
- Represented the developer and sponsor in the construction loan and tax equity financing for a portfolio of community solar projects in Illinois.
- Represented Clearway Energy Group in the negotiation of corporate power purchase agreements for US wind and solar projects.
- Represented Orsted Onshore North America in the tax equity financing of a 338 MW wind project located in Lynn County and Garza County, Texas.
- Represented Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners as developer and sponsor in the construction, development, tax equity financing and partial sale of the 58 MW Sage Solar project located in Rich County, Utah.
- Represented Orsted Onshore North America (f/k/a Lincoln Clean Energy) as developer and sponsor in the tax equity financing of the 184 MW Lockett Wind project located in Wilbarger County, Texas.
- Represented Orsted North America Inc. in connection with the US$580 million acquisition of Lincoln Clean Energy, a US-based onshore wind farm developer.
- Represented the lenders in the construction loan financing of a 3.4 MW biogas facility in Trenton, New Jersey.
- Represented the lender on a construction revolving credit facility to finance utility scale, commercial scale and residential solar projects.
- Represented the Overseas Private Investment Corporation as senior lender to three 50 MW wind farms under development in Province of Sindh, Pakistan.
- "States Move to Price Carbon," Project Finance Newswire, June 2021.
- "Corporate VPPAs: Risks and sensitivities," Project Finance Newswire, June 2020.
- "Financing EV charging infrastructure," Project Finance Newswire, December 2019.
- "Electric Vehicle Charging: Recent Developments in the United States," Project Finance Blog, April, 2019.
- "Opportunity: electric vehicle charging infrastructure," Project Finance Newswire, August 2018.
- Contributor, "Financing Smart, Sustainable Cities," Norton Rose Fulbright, April 2018.
- "The Green Bank Value Proposition," Project Finance Newswire, April 2018.
- Contributor, "Unlocking the Blockchain: Digitizing the Energy Value Chain - Chapter 4," Norton Rose Fulbright, March 2018.
- Co-Lead Instructor, "EV Charging Infrastructure Ownership and Revenue Models," Infocast Master Class, November 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ben worked with the City Bar Justice Center's Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project and the NY Small Business Legal Clinic on a pro bono basis. Ben consulted with small business owners who were navigating the federal government's COVID-19 stimulus package and other opportunities available through federal, state and local programs in order to protect and maintain their businesses.