Julia Isabel Rix
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Julia Isabel RixvCard
Related services and key industries
Julia Isabel Rix is a senior counsel residing in the firm's Washington, DC office focusing her practice on advising multinational clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions in international and cross-cultural settings. She primarily assists clients in realizing their international corporate development goals in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, post-acquisition integration, cross-border restructuring, international joint ventures, foreign investment, corporate governance and compliance, intellectual property enforcement and licensing and commercial agreements.
She also advises clients in developing and implementing post-acquisition corporate and commercial integration strategies, corporate governance and compliance programs. Additionally, she provides advice and negotiates complex distribution and sales agency agreements and on a range of related specialty issues including general enforceability of the terms, dealer and agent protection laws, antitrust, consumer protection, product registration, licensing, intellectual property enforcement and FCPA compliance issues.
Previously, Julia worked for the Latin America & Caribbean Law Department at a large security systems company, advising the business on international commercial and transactional legal issues in Latin America and assisting in developing and implementing good corporate governance and compliance for the company's Latin American entities. She also contributed to global corporate restructuring projects and mergers and acquisitions for the Latin America region and Europe, including coordinating legal aspects of financial transactions with treasury, tax and finance departments. Julia managed and assisted external counsel with respect to corporate and regulatory filings, registrations with public registries as well as negotiating regional distribution and agency agreements. From 2016-2018 Julia worked for an international law firm in their Mexico City office providing advice on international cross-border transactions and joint ventures, supply and logistics agreements and corporate reorganization projects.
LL.M, International Business and Economics Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
JD, Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center, 2012
BA, summa cum laude, Political Science, Florida Atlantic University, 2005
University of Trier Law School, 2004
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented a foreign supermarket chain coming to the US market from Europe by drafting, advising and implementing all agreements related to the supply chain, vendor/purchasing, sales and transportation agreements.
- Drafting of, advising on and implementing/negotiating of retail and distribution agreements on a regional scale in Latin America for a sports clothing manufacturer.
- Drafting of, advising on and implementing/negotiating distribution and service agreements on a regional scale in Latin America for a US motorcycle manufacturer.
- Established and implemented corporate governance controls and program as well as providing ongoing corporate support for the largest chemical company in Latin America.
- Advised and drafted sales, purchase and lease agreements for an OEM for aircraft passenger cabin interior products for the commercial and business jet aircraft markets.
- Established and implemented corporate governance processes and post-merger integration for a US multinational in the healthcare industry in Latin America.
- Acted as regional counsel for a US multinational in the healthcare industry for the Latin America region providing advise on commercial matters, i.e. negotiated complex commercial contracts, supply and purchase agreements, leases, loan and credit agreements, labor and employment negotiation support, distribution agreement advice, creating of regional agreement templates to support the business in more common transactions.
- Advised on and negotiated termination of long-standing dealer agreements for an Italian eye-wear company.
- Support and ensure implementation of regional Latin America re-branding project for a US based multinational healthcare company;
- Advised an American multinational corporation in the automotive industry on corporate finance matters, i.e. credit, lease, guarantee, loan, dividend agreements, assist and advised on internal restructuring projects and mergers.
- Analyzed and provided advice on Latin American Data Privacy Laws for an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged good company.
- Provided advice, supported and implemented global IP strategy, trademark and patent enforcement for a Fortune 500 company following expansive due diligence of the entire IP portfolio.
- Coordinated, supported and advised on international corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions for a US multinational manufacturing company.
- Advised on the Latin American legislative and regulatory framework to facilitate expansion and simplification of a US multinational health care company.
- Provided advice on standard purchasing terms, technical services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and private purchase agreements for a major airline.
- Volunteer for Tyco Fire & Security Law Department's Pro Bono program for foster children.
- Served as a founding member of the Middle East and National Security Organization at Florida Atlantic University where she continues presently as an associate member. The purpose of the organization is to further the development of academic programs and enhance student interest in the Middle East, (2005 – Present).
Publication | June 9, 2020
Publication | May 18, 2020
Publication | May 1, 2020
US: Treasury announces pre-forgiveness audit of PPP loans over $2 million, further eligibility restrictions on private companies
Publication | April 29, 2020