Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Rahwa Gebretnsaie is an associate in Norton Rose Fulbright's Projects practice residing in the New York office. Rahwa represents project lenders, investors and developers in connection with the financing and development of domestic and international power, renewable energy, transportation and other infrastructure projects.
Rahwa is fluent in Tigrinya and speaks Arabic at a high proficiency.
JD, University of California Berkeley School of Law
BA, Political Economy, Near Eastern Studies, University of California Berkeley
Arabic Language Certification, Arabic Language Institute, American University in Cairo
During law school, Rahwa received a Certificate of Specialization in International Law, was a member of the Berkeley Journal of International Law, and a member of Moot Court.
- New York State Bar
- Represented the investors in connection with the $1 billion acquisition of a shipping terminal in the Port of Los Angeles.
- Represented the sponsors in connection with the development of a toll road under a concession agreement with the State of Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Represented the sellers in connection with the sale of shipping terminal assets in the Port of Oakland and Port of Seattle.
- Represented the investors in in connection with the acquisition of a minority stake of a toll road concessionaire in Virginia.
- Represented the senior lenders in connection with the debt financing of a transmission and distribution system upgrade in Pakistan.
- Represented sponsor in connection with the term loan financing of a portfolio of residential rooftop solar systems in California.
- Represented the sponsor in connection with the construction financing of two solar power projects in Georgia and Indiana.
- Represented the construction and term lenders in connection with a financing of a 100 MW solar power project in California.
- Co-author, "Stronger US Focus on Africa: The Electrify Africa Act", Renewable Energy World and Project Finance NewsWire, April 22, 2016
- Author, "Multilateral Development Bank Update," Project Finance News Wire, February 8, 2016
- Author, "Power in East Africa: Continuing Progress," Project Finance NewsWire, September 10, 2015