WebinarCanada | April 01, 2021
Watch the next session in our exclusive ongoing webinar coverage for Canada’s charitable and not-for-profit (NFP) sector.
In this webinar, we discuss the continued effects of COVID-19 on revenue in the sector, provide an overview of the federal Lobbying Act and how to work with your landlord on building improvements. We also share details surrounding the recent launch of the new Benefit Company corporate structure as well as the potential for removing the direction and control requirement in the Income Tax Act. With easily digestible content and actionable tips, this is a webinar you won’t want to miss.
- Accessing Restricted Funds
- Lobbying: When is registration required?
- Finding space: Considerations for charities and NFPs working with landlords
- “Good Company”: The new Benefit Company as a vehicle for business
- Direction and Control: Getting rid of the requirement?
- Amanda Stacey, Partner, Vancouver
- Bryan Millman, Senior Associate, Vancouver
- Kate Braaten, Associate, Vancouver
- Brian Milne, Of Counsel, Calgary
- Michael Blatchford, Partner, Vancouver
- Margaret Mason, QC, Partner, Vancouver
This is a 75-minute webinar available in English only.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
|This program contains 1 hour and 15 minutes of content, which may be claimed towards the Law Society of British Columbia general hours CPD requirement.|
|This program contains 1 hour and 15 minutes of content, which may be claimed towards the Law Society of Ontario's Substantive Hours CPD requirement.|
This program contains 1 hour and 15 minutes of content. If you watch the webinar in its entirety, you will be able to download your certificate of attendance that may be submitted to your professional order.