Nino Di Bartolomeo
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Nino Di BartolomeovCard
Related services and key industries
Nino Di Bartolomeo is a banking & finance senior consultant based in Sydney.
Nino has had over 35 years' experience and joined the firm as a partner in 1994 and became a senior consultant on 1 January 2021.
Nino's particular expertise is in corporate finance, project and structured finance, international finance, acquisition finance, asset finance, resources finance, property finance, construction finance and derivatives work. He has acted on numerous high-profile transactions, including limited recourse and non-recourse financing, syndicated financing, infrastructure financing, resource financing, equipment and aircraft financing, leveraged management buy-out financing and takeover financing. Nino has advised on financial due diligence in relation to various acquisitions.
Nino is also an acknowledged PPSA expert and has presented numerous seminars on the PPSA. He also regularly advises on other regulatory matters.
Nino also acted for Bank of China on the funding of one of the landmark takeovers in Australia of 2009 of the coal miner Felix Resources Ltd by one of China's major coal miners Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Ltd. The transaction value was approximately AU$3.3 billion.
Nino also advised the lenders on the security provided to assist Guangdong Rising to fund its takeover offer of PanAust Limited. The transaction value was AU$1.1 billion, one of the biggest mining takeovers of 2015.
- Master of Laws, University of Sydney (1988)
- Bachelor of Law, University of Sydney (1983)
- Supreme Court of Australian Capital Territory 1988
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 1983
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 1988
- Leading project finance and development practice lawyer, Best Lawyers (2021)
- Leading banking lawyer, IFLR1000
- Banking and Finance, Who's Who Legal: Banking Australia (2021)
- Leading Lawyers, Asialaw (2013)
- Leading banking & finance lawyer, Best Lawyers (2009)
- In the June 2009 edition of Australasian Legal Business' Banking & Finance Law Guide, he was mentioned as "very professional in matters that transpired in multiple Australasian jurisdictions" and profiled as one of the 20 leading lawyers in banking and finance throughout Australasia. In 2010, Nino was listed as one of the top 20 lawyers in banking and finance in Australia by Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.