Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Toby Biddle is a disputes partner based in our life sciences & healthcare, and insurance teams in Sydney.
Toby has a particular focus on disputes in the life sciences and healthcare industries, and general liability risks. He has significant experience and expertise in acting in class and individual actions arising from healthcare and pharmaceutical products, advising healthcare companies on insurance and litigation, advising on medical indemnity matters including defence of malpractice suits and government investigations, and advising general and liability insurers.
Toby's directory listings include The Best Lawyers in Australia for Product Liability Litigation and Insurance Law, Legal 500 for Disputes (Class Actions) and Doyles Guide as a Leading Lawyer for Medical Negligence (Defendant).
Toby has represented clients in the High Court, the Federal Court, NSW Supreme Court, ACT Supreme Court, Western Australia Supreme Court, South Australian Supreme Court, NSW Coroners' Court, Western Australian Coroners Court, NSW Medical Tribunal and various other Federal and State Tribunals.
Toby is the Secretary of the NSW Medico-Legal Society and also a member of the National Product Liability Association, Australian Insurance Law Association, Australian Professional Indemnity Group and NSW Claims Discussion Group.
- 2007 Masters of Law, University of New South Wales
- Admitted as a solicitor of Supreme Court of New South Wales (1998) and High Court of Australia (2008)
- 1998 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law
- 1996 Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
- 1996 Bachelor of Arts, Macquarie University
- High Court of Australia 2008
- NSW Supreme Court 1998
- Medico-Legal Society of NSW (Secretary)
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- National Product Liability Association
- NSW Claims Discussion Group