Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Amy Chen is a senior associate based in our Perth office who works with clients in the resources and construction sectors.
She focuses on large-scale disputes and provides regulatory advice to public and private companies in the energy (oil and gas) and mining sectors throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific.
Her clients in the energy (oil and gas) and mining sectors include Australian and Asian listed corporations.
Amy regularly conducts litigation in the Federal and Supreme Courts and in private arbitrations. As part of conducting these matters, she has assisted in managing and conducting large-scale electronic discovery, which involved leading a team of reviewers. She has also managed the preparation of witness statement evidence in large-scale court litigation and arbitrations.
- Acting for a major global energy company in a private domestic arbitration seated in Perth, Western Australia concerning a high value, and technically complex project related dispute.
- Acted for a major global oilfield service company in a private domestic arbitration seated in Jakarta, Indonesia concerning a project related dispute.
- Acted for an Australian publicly listed mining company in disputes concerning the legal ownership of mining tenements located in Western Australia.
- Acted for a number of Chinese companies in a litigation conducted in the Supreme Court of Western Australia concerning a dispute over their investments in an Australian publicly listed mining company: Beijing Joseph Investment Co Ltd ats Cauldron Energy Ltd  WASC 22.
- Acted for the receivers and managers of Forge Group Limited and its subsidiaries on various proceedings conducted in the Supreme Court of Western Australia.