Nikki van der Meer
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Nikki van der MeervCard
Related services and key industries
Nikki van der Meer is a senior energy and resources lawyer who specialises in unregulated M&A and project development in the oil & gas and LNG sectors. She has extensive international experience acting on oil & gas and LNG based major projects, transactions, joint ventures, supply and service arrangements and corporate acquisitions and disposals.
Nikki also has significant in-house experience embedded within gas & power and LNG trading and origination teams, at BP (BP IST Gas and Power) and Centrica PLC. She has recently returned to Perth after 7 years based in the firm's London office.
Nikki is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Science, University of Western Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law Sydney
- High Court of Australia 2008
- Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2008
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2008
- Shell - on the sale of its 26.25% interest in the QCLNG infrastructure assets on Curtin Island, one of Shell's most significant commercial undertakings in Australia since the divestment of the QCLNG gas transmission pipeline in 2015 and the expansion program announced in 2017.
- BP - on the negotiation of long term master LNG sale and purchase agreements with multiple counterparties.
BP - on its long term global base oil supply contract.
Secondment to BP's Integrated Supply and Trading unit, advising on gas and power trading and supply for BP's upstream and downstream assets in support of both the trading and origination teams.
- Government of Bahrain - on the development of the USD $900 million Bahrain LNG Terminal Project, which was named IJ Global MENA Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year 2016 and Middle East LNG Deal of the Year 2016 by Project Finance International Magazine.
- Centrica - on its long-term offtake and joint procurement with Tokyo Gas of LNG volumes from Anadarko's Mozambique LNG project.
- Heritage Oil Limited - on its joint venture agreement with Ghana National Petroleum Corporation relating to the East Keta and Deep Water Tano blocks offshore of Ghana.
- OMV - on its €247.9 million acquisition of a 20% stake in the Edvard Grieg oil field development from RWE Dea.
- OMV - on the Edvard Grieg field gas transportation, processing and tie-in agreements for the SAGE Pipeline & SEGAL System Transportation Agreements in the North Sea.
- Goldman Sachs - on the UK North Sea exploration and production aspects of its subscription for a 19% stake in DONG Energy A/S (overall deal value USD $2 billion), including the Rosebank, Glenlivet and Laggan-Tormore fields.