Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Kathy Prince is a real estate lawyer based in Brisbane, and has a wide range of experience in property work, including property developments, acquisitions, disposals, leasing and general property matters. Kathy has also worked on a large number of renewable energy projects.
Kathy has practised as a real estate lawyer in the UK and Australia, and has held in-house roles in both the private and public sectors in Australia.
- Supreme Court of England and Wales 1997
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2003
- Linfox Australia - acquisition of Aurizon's Queensland Intermodal Business, including Aurizon's freight forwarding and pick-up-and-delivery assets, rail wagons, customer contracts, employees, and access to rail terminals, including Acacia Ridge, QLD.
- Denison Gas - assisting with the acquisition of Santos and APLNG gas and petroleum assets in Rollaston, Central Highlands, QLD, for Denison Gas, owned by Orient Energy Pty Ltd and Shandong Order Gas Co Ltd.
- WIRCON Group's Wirsol Energy - the acquisition and project financing of the 69MW (Whitsunday) and 69MW (Hamilton) solar farms in Collinsville Queensland. The Whitsunday project was financed by ARENA, with additional project finance provided by CBA, NordLB and Clean Energy Finance Corporation, comprising the first portfolio acquisition and financing of utility scale solar PV in Australia, and the first financing for solar PV with merchant exposure and long term debt from the local market.
- BlackRock - the acquisition and project financing of the 181MW (Daydream) and 60MW (Hayman) solar farms, financed by Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Natixis and Clean Energy Finance Corporation, being BlackRock's first renewable power investment in Australia.
- RES Australia - on the development, financing and sale of the 90MW (Emerald) solar farm, which benefits from the first Telstra Corporate Power Purchase Agreement in Australia. The purchase was financed by NAB and Westpac.
- WIRCON Group's Wirsol Energy - the largest merchant financing of solar projects in Australia to date for the Clermont and Wemen Solar Farms. The Clean Energy Finance Corporation was the sole debt financier, with financial close achieved in December 2017.
- Growthpoint Properties Australia Limited - leasing and major transactions in and around Brisbane, including $106m sale of Sandgate Road, Nundah; and $250m purchase of 100 Skyring Terrance, Newstead.
- Industria REIT/APN Property Group - leasing for investment properties throughout QLD.
- GPT - major transactions in the Brisbane CBD, including $70m sale of 545 Queen Street, Brisbane.
- La Salle - major acquisitions and disposal in QLD and NT, including $90m acquisition of Post Office Square Shopping Centre, Brisbane; and $34m sale of Cascom Shopping Centre, NT.
- Primewest - leasing and major acquisitions in QLD.
- Goodman - on the restructuring of property trusts for property investments in QLD.
- Industria REIT and APN Property Group - various property transactions, and leasing.
- Queen's Wharf Brisbane Project - lead in-house counsel for the competitive bid process, comprisingn EOI, RFDP, BAFO and the negotiation of a suite of project documentation with the preferred proponent (Destination Brisbane Consortium); advising the State on the proposed structuring and delivery of this landmark integrated resort project in Brisbane; advising the State on the drafting of project specific legislation and advising the Minister during political debate on the legislation in Parliament.
- Gold Coast and Cairns Integrated Resort Developments - lead in-house counsel advising on the competitive bid process for the Gold Coast and Cairns Integrated Resort Developments, including the drafting of project documentation for the bid process.
- Mary Valley - the implementation of the Mary Valley Development Strategy and divestment strategy involving the large scale disposal and grant of development leases for the several hundred properties held by the Co-ordinator General following the Federal Government rejection of the proposed Traveston Dam.
- Belmont Shooting Range - preparing tenure documentation required for the construction of the Velodrome and upgrade of Belmont Shooting Range for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018.
- Cromwell Property Group - in a former role, acting for the group in relation to property transactions across Australia.