Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Simon Jerrum is an English-qualified solicitor and solicitor advocate. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with a particular focus on insolvency litigation. He has broad experience advising clients on disputes before the English courts, often involving concurrent proceedings in more than one jurisdiction, and has also acted for clients on large-scale arbitrations, internal and regulatory investigations and matters relating to fraud and white-collar crime.
2008 - Legal Practice Course, Distinction, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
2007 - M.A., Law, Cambridge University
- England and Wales
- Acting for the Compulsory Liquidators of Hellas Telecommunications (Luxembourg) II SCA in litigation both in England and New York.
- Acting for Grant Thornton as Official Liquidators of Saad Investment Company Limited and Singularis Holdings Limited (both in liquidation in the Cayman Islands) in respect of claims in the High Court challenging prior transactions.
- Acted for an investment fund as defendant in English arbitration enforcement proceedings (Travis Coal Restructured Holdings LLC v. Essar Global Fund Limited  EWHC 2510).
- Acted for Cargolux Airlines International S.A. in follow on damages claims in the High Court (and before the Court of Appeal) arising out of a European Commission investigation (Emerald Supplies and others v British Airways and others).
- Acted for the Imcopa group in litigation relating to the legality of consent payments made as part of a debt restructuring (Azevedo v. Imcopa  EWHC 1849 (Comm); and on appeal  EWCA Civ 364).
- Acted for the purchaser of Liverpool Football Club in High Court litigation arising out of the sale of the Club (RBS v. Hicks and others).
- Advised on various claims in the administration of Lehman Brothers, including applications before the High Court.
- Acted for global investment bank on English law aspects of New York litigation in relation to alleged misrepresentations in offering documents.
- Acted for a global investment firm in High Court litigation arising out of a settlement agreement.
- Acted for a construction company in enforcement action in the English courts following a successful summary judgment application.
- Acted for a reinsurer in relation to a dispute under a reinsurance agreement concerning a major property development.
- Acted for a global investment client in litigation relating to unauthorized and fraudulent use of a company name.
- Acted for food manufacturer in relation to the collection of an outstanding debt and related proceedings.
- Acted for a French-German consortium in an ICC arbitration arising out of the construction of a nuclear power plant in Finland.
- Acted for a multinational chemical company in an ICC arbitration arising out of a US$7.5bn joint venture, which failed to close.
- Advising clients on various internal and regulatory investigations.
- Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, London Solicitors' Litigation Association
- Member, Insolvency Lawyers' Association