Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Sarah Philipson is a real estate lawyer based in Brisbane.
Sarah specialises in all forms of property transactions and related advice, with a particular specialisation in retail leasing.
In her work she has had a broad range of experience in advising institutional clients, public corporations, large private corporations and government on issues relating to retail, commercial and industrial property transactions, including leasing.
Sarah has managed a number of property transactions involving property development, acquisitions and sales, put and call options, due diligence investigations, agreements for lease, leases, licences, and other related documents.
- Grill'd Healthy Burgers, San Churro, Shaver Shop and Brazilian Butterfly - in relation to their lease negotiations nationally, including documenting licences with franchisees for particular outlets and negotiating complex fitout arrangements.
- Retail Good Group Limited - a number of due diligence investigations in the acquisition of food business across Australia.
- United Petroleum - in due diligence in its recent purchase of the Pie Face group of companies.
- General Electric Capital and other General Electric entities - on its property portfolio by providing advice in relation to major leasing transactions of commercial and industrial premises.
- BP - in relation to Queensland property matters including drafting leases, subleases, licences, deeds of assignment and obtaining ministerial consent to subleases of State leasehold land.
- Stockland - in relation to the leasing of Hendra Distribution Centre (industrial).
- Bolton Clarke/RSL Care - in relation to the leasing of commercial office space throughout Australia.
- Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning - on the Toondah Harbour Development. Involving Redland City Council and Walker Corporation, the matter involved a complex Development Management Agreement and associated documents, complicated by the long term nature of the project and extensive land reclamation.
- GPT - in relation to commercial office leasing at 111 Eagle Street, 545 Queen Street and 123 Eagle Street, Brisbane.
- Laing O'Rourke - in relation to the significant purchase, development and ultimate sale of 825 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley.
Australia: Queensland implementation of National Mandatory Code of Conduct for commercial and retail leases
Publication | June 02, 2020
Publication | April 09, 2020
Update | March 16, 2020
Thought leadership | January 28, 2020