Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Matthew Taylor is a construction disputes lawyer based in Sydney.
Matthew's practice primarily involves larger scale construction disputes in the Supreme Court of NSW, expert determinations and domestic and international arbitrations. Matthew also advises clients regarding payment claims and payment schedules and adjudications under the Security of Payments legislation.
Matthew also advises contractors (including joint venture parties), and principals including councils and Commonwealth departments in relation to project delivery issues and contractual disputes.
- Bachelor of Arts / Law, Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in International Arbitration
- City of Sydney Council - advising the City on a number of contractual disputes in relation to the Green Square Development.
- Kane Constructions Pty Ltd – in relation to a $10M delay and disruption claim at a school development Project in North Sydney.
- John Holland Pty Ltd – advised and represented John Holland in defending $80m Supreme Court litigation proceedings commenced by Downer EDI Rail and involving the design and construction of the Auburn Train Maintenance Facility.
- Ku-ring-gai Council – advised and represented Ku-ring-gai Council in an arbitration involving time and cost claims from purported variations and RFI responses in relation to the design and construction of a pool facility at West Pymble.
- Lendlease Engineering – advising the Lendlease, Samsung and Bougyes Joint Venture on delay and cost claims in the WestConnex 3A design and construct contract.
- Lendlease Engineering – advising Lendlease Engineering and preparing claims for the Dispute Avoidance Board with a value of approximately $150m concerning contractual entitlements for variations, delays and disruption on the Gateway Upgrade North Project in Brisbane.
- Probuild - advising Probuild regarding delay and costs claims in relation to the "Ribbon" Hotel Development Project in Darling Harbour.
- Sydney Water - advising Sydney Water in an expert detetminaton concerning defective water infrastructure.
Internal and external CLEs on court procedure in the Technology and Construction List
- Member Society of Construction Lawyers, Australia
- NSW Law Society