Senior Advisor - Risk Advisory
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Danielle Avery is a financial services and regulation lawyer based in Sydney.
Danielle has over 22 years international experience in legal, risk and strategy roles in financial services. She is acknowledged for her versatility, determination and pragmatic approach to navigating complex organisational challenges.
Danielle has strong negotiation, communication and stakeholder management skills, developed over a substantial multi-jurisdictional career spanning professional services and business.
She has led legal teams in Australia and the United States on major transactions, risk and compliance functions and risk-related projects, regulatory compliance, risk management and effective governance. She has also been responsible for the design and implementation of business strategy, transformation and continuous improvement programs across financial services.
Danielle is skilful at fostering collaboration, as well as providing leadership cut-through, to deliver transformation in organisations facing the increasing demands of regulation, emerging risks, competing business priorities and structural change. She is widely recognised for her integrity, honesty and open and engaging leadership style.
- Led review of operational risk and controls, policies and procedures, and global regulatory compliance plan for institutional banking business.
- Led implementation of governance and reporting frameworks, enhanced protocols for effective issue and incident management, crisis management and business continuity planning, periodic control assessments and risk profile reviews, scenario analyses, product development policies, risk technology platform uplift and risk culture initiatives.
- Led redesign of business strategy and investment prioritisation, and established and led strategic, transformation, and continuous improvement programs for institutional banking business.
- Led business operations function for institutional transactional banking business, including data analytics and management, business planning, internal and regulatory communications and investor relations requirements.
- Led implementation of the Group-wide business strategy for major Australian financial institution, including ensuring effective program mobilisation, governance, communications, stakeholder engagement and coordination of workshops and reporting for Board and Group Executive.
- Lead legal advisor for Treasury of major Australian financial institution on global legal and regulatory compliance and issuance under wholesale term funding programs and capital transactions, including advisor on financial and regulatory reporting and market disclosure issues.
- Senior legal advisor to issuers and investment banks in U.S. capital markets transactions, including private placements and public debt and equity offerings, stock exchange listings, issuance programs, business acquisitions, joint ventures and restructures, and advisor on U.S. regulatory compliance, disclosure, governance, and securities law issues.
Publication | March 6, 2019
Publication | February 20, 2019
Publication | February 13, 2019
Publication | February 05, 2019