Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Catherine Gu is a construction and engineering lawyer based in Sydney.
Catherine specialises in major infrastructure and commercial developments for both government entities at the Commonwealth, state and local levels as well as private sector principals, contractors and consultants. She assists clients across the lifecycle of a project, from project documentation and construction agreements, through to project delivery.
Catherine has advised on significant transport infrastructure projects in Australia, including for Sydney Trains and RailCorp in relation to the Sydney Metro City & Southwest Project. She regularly advises the Department of Defence on major procurements and projects.
Catherine's areas of expertise include construction and engineering (major projects and infrastructure) and contract drafting (design and construct, construct only, managing contractor agreements, O&M, ECI agreements, guaranteed maximum price contracts, consultancy agreements, project deeds/development agreements, novation agreements and other commercial agreements).
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2017
- High Court of Australia 2017
- Commonwealth agencies, including Department of Defence, Department of Industry and other Commonwealth agencies on a range of major projects and procurements
- NSW State Government entities, including Transport for NSW, Sydney Trains and Rail Corp and the Roads and Maritime Services
- Private sector clients including Lendlease Building, Copper Mines of Tasmania, Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Cockram Construction
Catherine has presented at industry briefings to the Department of Defence, its contractors and consultants in relation to projects in which she has been involved in (including in relation to a managing contractor contract and construct only contract).
- Society of Construction Law Australia
- Co-Treasurer of the NSW Chapter of the National Association of Women in Construction