Senior Advisor - Risk Advisory & Corporate Finance
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Patrick is senior risk advisor based in Melbourne.
He has over 20 years' experience across Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Middle East advising and working with regulated financial institutions.
Patrick has previously worked at Norton Rose Fulbright as a corporate finance partner and has also spent a significant amount of time working as a Managing Director of a Global Systemically Important Bank (GSIB). He has managed both domestic and international regulatory remediation programmes, including advising on culture and conduct, managing remediation projects in response to adverse regulatory findings and establishing best practices to help ensure lessons learned from previous failings are addressed and embedded into the business.
Now working within a team of multi-disciplinary experts forming Norton Rose Fulbright's Risk Advisory practice, Patrick specialises in helping organisations respond to adverse regulatory findings, manage regulatory and legal change, and improve overall governance, conduct and culture.
Patrick's diverse background brings clients a unique understanding of the pressures facing financial institutions, as well as their employees and advisors, as they seek to meet challenging targets while changing the way they do business. Employing lessons learned from working with heavily regulated financial institutions through challenging change environments, Patrick is able to offer organisations operating across all sectors a skilfully considered, proactive and practical approach to risk management.
- Bachelor of Laws 1998
- Bachelor of Commerce 1998
Working as a Managing Director:
- Advising on license applications and cross-border culture and conduct reviews as part of complex international regulatory projects
- Leading, and successfully closing a global regulatory project for a GSIB, addressing issues arising from systemic failings that led to adverse regulatory findings and public censure.
- Embedding lessons learned through responses to adverse regulatory findings into day to day practices within a GSIB, satisfying those governing the relevant project within the institution and its external stakeholders that lessons had been learned and practices had been improved through improved policies, procedures and cultural changes.
- Advising on the establishment of global best practices for responding to complex regulatory investigations and adverse regulatory findings, and the governance of such responses.
- Building and leading a cross border regulatory response team with appropriate governance and management information reporting, ensuring timely delivery of commitments made to regulators and their representatives.
Working as the Head of Legal, Corporate Finance and Transaction Banking:
- Advising banking teams on leveraged finance, acquisition finance, trade finance, real estate finance, project finance and mobile payments.
- Advising the Corporate Finance Team on all matters including M&A advisory and own account Private Equity M&A investments.
- Advising on recoveries and insolvencies (including litigation and Chapter 11 proceedings in NY).
- Providing general legal advice on corporate matters including HR, real estate, procurement, greenfield business development and material litigation.
- Advising on domestic and international regulatory issues.
Publication | December 06, 2019
Thought leadership | October 21, 2019
Publication | October 02, 2019
Publication | August 23, 2019