Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Adam Hunter is a corporate M&A lawyer based in Sydney.
Adam acts for both corporate and private equity clients across the globe on cross-border and domestic private mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings and investments and corporate restructurings.
He has acted in a range of corporate transactions in both Australia and the United Kingdom, and has a particular expertise in the technology, financial institutions and renewable energy sectors. He has also advised clients across South East Asia on major infrastructure projects.
During his years in London, Adam completed a six-month secondment to the investment banking arm of Barclays Bank PLC.
- Solicitor, qualified in Australia
- DZ Bank - advising on its £8bn divestment of transportation assets.
- Barclays Bank plc - advising on the £2.2 billion sell-down of its 62 percent shareholding in JSE-listed Barclays Africa Group Limited.
- Resource Management Service, LLC - advising on the sale of its Tasmanian hardwood estate to Global Forest Partners LP.
- Advinia Health Care - advising on the acquisition of a portfolio of 22 UK care homes from Bupa.
- RBS - advising on non-core loan portfolio and leasing company disposals.
- SG Hambros Bank - advising on its acquisition of the trust business of Kleinwort Benson Bank.
- Mitsui - advising on its proposed £2 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto's interest in Coal & Allied Industries.
- Advising US/UK private equity firms on their proposed downstream acquisitions of Australian subsidiaries and operations.
- Advising an Australian private equity firm on its proposed investment in a mineral exploration company.
- Indonesia Ports Corporation - advising on its $4 billion Kalibaru Port project in Tanjung Priok, Jakarta.
- Independent State of Papua New Guinea - advising on its $2 billion Ramu 2 hydropower project.
- PNG Ports Corporation - advising on its $500 million Lae Port and Motukea Port projects.
- Advising US/UK private equity firms on FIRB obligations, namely in respect of foreign government investors.
- CME - advising on internal reorganisation arrangements and capital maintenance obligations.
- COSCO Shipping - advising on various intra-group restructuring arrangements.