Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Jonathan Muncey is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Sydney.
Jonathan's practice involves a broad range of corporate and commercial matters including contract drafting and negotiating as well as corporate advisory and governance assistance.
Jonathan has a particular focus on franchise systems and advises franchisors in relation to statutory compliance, contract negotiations, and dispute management. Jonathan has also worked as a part of the Office of the Franchising Mediation Adviser (OFMA) and leverages his experience in dealing with franchise related disputes to help his clients acheive positive commercial outcomes.
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Macquarie University (2016)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law (2017)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2017
- Federal Court of Australia 2019
- Franchise system management - for several franchisors in relation to the operation of their franchise systems, including grants, renewals, transfers, marketing compliance, restructuring, and dispute management
- Franchise restructuring - acting for a franchisor of brokerage services to restructure it's Australian network
- Inside Franchise Business - "Restrain Yourself: What franchise buyers need to know about restraint-of-trade clauses in (and after leaving) a franchise" (1 July 2018) - https://www.pressreader.com/australia/inside-franchise-business/20180701/282385515259980