Co-Head of Energy, Asia-Pacific; Partner
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Paul Lingard is a highly regarded corporate lawyer based in Perth who assists clients in the energy & resources sector. Paul is co-head of our Asia Pacific Energy group and specialises in advising clients on M&A transactions, large-scale development projects and operational issues.
Paul has extensive experience guiding multinational companies through complex issues in relation to their international operations across the oil and gas sector, including structuring trading arrangements and infrastructure access.
Paul is recognised as a leading expert in the sector and is ranked across all major legal directories including Chambers, Legal 500 and Doyles Guide. Clients have commented that "Paul stands out for expertise across the energy and resources spectrum".
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2002
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2002
- TotalEnergies – on its synthetic infrastructure arrangement with Global Infrastructure Partners in connection with its 27.5 per cent interest in the Gladstone LNG Project in Queensland for consideration of US$750 million. Under innovative arrangements, TotalEnergies, through its subsidiaries, retains full control and ownership of its 27.5 per cent sale interest. Global Infrastructure Partners will receive a throughput based tolling fee based on TotalEnergies' share of gas processed through the downstream facilities for 15 years.
- Eramet S.A – advising the French multinational mining and metallurgy company, on the development of the Weda Bay Nickel project in Indonesia, one of the largest nickel projects in the world.
- BHP Billiton – advising on the proposed arrangements and related tender process in connection with the development of the Olympic Dam Project which is one of the world's largest deposits of copper, gold and uranium.
- An international oil and gas company – advising on the acquisition of one of Australia's most significant oil and gas projects, including negotiating a suite of over 20 complex lifting, feedstock, processing and handling, services, transportation and offtake arrangements, with a key commercial focus on securing long term access to processing services given the split ownership between upstream and midstream assets.
- Quadrant Energy and its predecessor Apache Energy on various aspects of its joint oil and gas operations including advice on its role as operator and the interpretation of various arrangements, in particular the negotiation of processing, handling, lifting and balancing arrangements.
- A Superannuation Fund - advising in relation to a co-investment into a renewable energy platform in Australia.
- Western Power – advising on the transfer of its statutory functions to the Australian Energy Market Operator (the national energy market regulator), and subsequent delegation of these functions back to Western Power.
Publication | July 16, 2021
Publication | July 2021
Publication | July 01, 2021
Publication | July 01, 2021