Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Tricia Hobson is an insurance and litigation lawyer based in Sydney, and is widely recognised as an industry leader.
She is a leading Australian class action lawyer accountable for leadership, strategy and negotiations for three of the largest class actions in Australia.
Tricia advises both local and London insurers on complex coverage disputes and acts as lead defence counsel on class actions and difficult/multi-party litigation, predominantly in the financial services and construction industries. Tricia has one of the largest London market practices in Australia, having worked with numerous companies and Lloyd’s syndicates for over 20 years.
She has acted in many high profile, complex directors and officers disputes, as well as a range of other matters including professional indemnity, warranty & indemnity, cyber risk and product development, ASIC related actions, director and board matters and regulatory compliance matters.
Tricia has a keen interest in innovation and the changing face of the insurance and legal sectors, demonstrated by her developing the firm’s “Extend” program, a bespoke technology platform allowing law students to work remotely and flexibly on discrete, task-based projects.
Tricia is also the Executive Sponsor on LGBTI inclusion.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Science (Physics and Mathematics), University of New South Wales
- Company Directors Course, AICD
- Band 1 practitioner in Insurance Law, Chambers Global
- Leading insurance litigator, APL500
- Preeminent in Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyers - NSW 2016, Doyles
- Previous recipient for several consecutive years of Leading Female Lawyer – Euromoney LMG Women in Business Law
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Business Council of Australia
- International Bar Association
- Women in Insurance
Publication | March 20, 2019
Publication | April, 2018
Publication | November 2016
Publication | October 2016