Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Antitrust and competition
- Cartels and antitrust investigations
- Merger control
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
Key industry sectors
Miranda Cole is an antitrust and competition lawyer working from our Brussels and London offices. She has a broad competition practice focussed on the technology, life sciences and healthcare, transport, and energy, infrastructure and resources sectors.
With more than 20 years' experience, Miranda is regarded as a key adviser to life sciences and technology companies globally.
Miranda has extensive experience advising clients to address increasing regulatory scrutiny from governments and competition authorities. She advises on merger control, actions under Articles 101 and 102 TFEU, abuse of dominance, anticompetitive agreements, and compliance and advisory work, as well as actions before the European courts in Luxembourg.
Miranda is also heavily involved in supporting clients in aligning their competition policy engagement in response to a variety of new regulatory frameworks.
Prior to joining the firm, Miranda was a senior partner in a multinational law firm in Brussels.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- LL.M (Distinction), University of London, 1997
- LL.B (University Medal), The University of Queensland, 1993
- B.A. (First class), The University of Queensland, 1991
- Registered at the Brussels Bar
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Federal Court and High Court of Australia
- Law Society of Ireland
- Facebook - in its acquisitions of WhatsApp and Instagram*
- Microsoft - in connection with its acquisition of ZeniMax*
- Renesas - in its acquisition of Dialog*
- The Walt Disney Group - in connection with its acquisition of 21st Century Fox*
- Central European Media Enterprises Ltd (CME) - on the sale of broadcast operations to Slovenia Broadband S.à r.l and other broadcast operations to the PPF Group*
- AstraZeneca - in various acquisitions, including of Almirall's respiratory portfolio, certain diabetes products from BMS, Takeda's respiratory business, Ardea Biosciences, and certain products divested in connection with AbbVie/Allergan*
- MSD - in its acquisitions of Acceleron Pharma, Themis Bioscience, and Antelliq*
- Illumina - in connection with its attempted acquisition of Pacific Biosciences*
- UCB - on its acquisitions of Zogenix, and the rights to Nayzilam*
- Eaton - in its acquisition of Cobham Mission Systems*
- Technology sector clients - responding to the European Commission's Internet of Things investigation and related issues, including voice assistants and app stores*
- Technology sector clients - responding to the CMA's mobile ecosystem market study and related issues, including app stores*
- Entities - in connection with the investigations of the activities of Amadeus and Sabre in relation to the supply of CRS and PSS services, and the revision of the EU CRS Code of Conduct*
- A Dutch pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturer in connection with a CMA investigation of certain agreements.*
*Prior to joining the firm.
- Leading individual, EU and Competition, The Legal 500 UK, 2022
- Notable practitioner, Competition/European Law (Belgium), Chambers Global, 2013-2021
- Women in Antitrust, Global Competition Review, 2021; 2016
- Notable practitioner, Competition/European Law, Chambers Europe, 2013-2019
"really excellent" (2021)
"really very knowledgeable" (2020)
"first-hand experience... a solid understanding of her clients' business and always puts her clients first" (2019)
"pragmatism and ability to put the risks into proportion and help us make judgement calls" (2018)
- Shortlisted for Europe Women in Business Law Awards for Competition and Antitrust, Euromoney Legal Media Group, 2014-2018; 2021
Board of Editors, The Journal of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Law
EU Chips Act | Risks and opportunities for businesses
Publication | June 05, 2023
Digital and cyber regulation: Are you prepared?
Publication | June 01, 2023
The new EU Foreign Subsidies Regulation (FSR)
Webinar | May 31, 2023