WebinarCanada | October 20, 2021
Watch the next session in our exclusive ongoing webinar coverage for Canada’s charitable and not-for-profit (NFP) sector.
As the charitable and not-for-profit landscape continues to evolve, our lawyers have compiled a variety of updates from across the spectrum that we believe have the biggest impact on day-to-day activities in the sector. We’ll discuss key distinctions between NPOs and charities (including the application of the Income Tax Act), our advice for new directors and share what we think about the recent senate white paper recommendations.
- Key differences between NPOs and registered charities
- Advice for new directors of not-for-profits
- Case comment - Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church of Canada St. Mary Cathedral v. Aga (2021 SCC 22)
- What to know about a members’ role, rights and remedies
- Insolvency 101 for NPOs and registered charities
- Reflections on the senate white paper recommendations for reforming charity law in Canada
- Return to the workplace
- Michael Blatchford, Partner, Vancouver
- Bryan Millman, Senior Associate, Vancouver
- Amanda Stacey, Partner, Vancouver
- Kate Braaten, Associate, Vancouver
- Scott Boucher, Senior Associate, Vancouver
- Brian Milne, Of Counsel, Calgary
- Heather Cameron, Partner, Ottawa
This is a 90-minute webinar available only in English.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
|Law Society of Ontario | This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive content.|
|Law Society of British Columbia | This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive content.|
Quebec | This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of content. If you watch the webinar in its entirety, you will receive a certificate of attendance by email that you can submit to your professional order.