Canadian trademark law and practice is undergoing significant change. Canada is seeking a place on the world stage and has modernized its legislation to do so.
This webinar is designed for brand owners and professionals who oversee Canadian and global trademark portfolios. We will succinctly review and critically analyze the myriad of changes to help brand owners understand how to capitalize on these changes.
Our speakers will discuss :
- Madrid, Nice and Singapore: Around the world with the new treaties
- The nuts and bolts of filing under the new regime
- Post-application changes to the prosecution process
- Regulated industries: Special rules for special situations
- Trademark oppositions and expungement proceedings: A new approach
- A results-oriented approach to litigation strategy
- Evaluating Canada’s anti-counterfeiting regime
- Leveraging Technology in Portfolio Management
- Ascendancy of social media influencers
- Brand management strategy: Managing risk and enhancing value
- Jane Caskey, Global Head of Risk Advisory, Toronto
- Mark Davis, Partner, Trademark Agent, Toronto
- Lorelei Graham, Partner, Lawyer, Patent Agent, Trademark Agent, Toronto
- Amy Grenon, Partner, Lawyer, Trademark Agent, Toronto
- Adam Haller, Senior Associate, Trademark Agent, Toronto
- Sukesh Kamra, National Director, Knowledge Management, Toronto
- Karen MacDonald, Partner, Patent Agent, Trademark Agent, Vancouver
- Jordana Sanft, Partner, Lawyer, Patent Agent, Toronto
- Elizabeth Williams, Partner, Lawyer, Trademark Agent, Calgary
This is a two-hour video webinar that will be presented in English only.