WebinarCanada | May 06, 2021
On May 6, 2021, Norton Rose Fulbright hosted our annual half-day workplace law conference.
Our captivating sessions reviewed the most recent updates in the workplace area influencing Ontario’s legal landscape. A detailed agenda can be found below.
Session 1 | 9:15 – 10:15 a.m.
Got COVID on your mind? What you need to know
- Preventing and managing an outbreak – what employers need to know
- Employers’ duty to accommodate with respect to mental health
- Tiffany O’Hearn Davies, Senior Associate, Toronto
- Joseph Cohen-Lyons, Senior Associate, Toronto
- Russell Groves, Senior Associate, Toronto
Session 2 | 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Diversity and Inclusion initiatives: balancing human rights and privacy along the way
- Diversity data collection, privacy and human rights implications
- Privacy implications when working remotely
Session 3 | 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Top employment law cases and to travel or not to travel
- Termination clauses, bonuses and notice periods
- Review of current cross-border travel restrictions and quarantine requirements
- Chantal Arsenault, Partner, Montreal
- Jennifer Hodgins, Partner, Toronto
- Jordan Winch, Partner, Toronto
- Paul Macchione, Senior Associate, Toronto
All sessions are available in English only.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
|Each session contains 1 hour of content, which may be claimed towards the Law Society of Ontario's Substantive Hours CPD requirement.|