Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Yke Lennartz is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam. He heads the Dutch dispute resolution and litigation team. Yke and his team deal with a full range of commercial disputes, both domestic and international, across a variety of disciplines: financial institutions, corporate finance, and energy. Yke has a special focus on resolving post M&A, (multi jurisdictional) shareholders, energy and financial disputes and on business ethics and corruption.
Yke regularly represents clients in standard and appeal proceedings before Netherlands’ courts, in emergency relief proceedings and arbitration proceedings, and regarding conservatory attachments, and enforcement. His broad client base includes a number of international contracting companies, natural resources and mineral companies, financial institutions and insurance companies. Yke’s practice includes advising domestic and international companies on contentious matters.
After graduating, Yke was admitted to the Bar and started practising in 1997. His publications include an article on mass damages claims in the Dutch Financial Times (Het Financieele Dagblad). Yke speaks Dutch, English and German.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Yke Lennartz heads Norton Rose Fulbright's litigation practice. His areas of expertise include energy disputes and both financial and corporate litigation. Impressed clients say: “He was able to explain the process really well, identified the timeline, and put together an excellent brief and a very persuasive argument on a complex case.”
Chambers Europe, 2016
- Norton Rose Fulbright’s practice is jointly headed by Wouter Hertzberger and Yke Lennartz; it is praised for its ‘excellent response times’ and ‘technical expertise’. Clients include ING, ABN Amro and HSBC.
Legal 500 EMEA 2016
- Norton Rose Fulbright acted for a client in multifaceted court and arbitration proceedings, where the team was able to successfully annul an arbitral award. Yke Lennartz and senior associate Jessica de Rooij are names to note”
Legal 500 EMEA 2016
- Dutch Bar Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- The Netherlands Association for Procedural Law (NVVP)
- The Netherlands Association for Corporate Litigation
- The Young lawyers association of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute (NAI)