Dan J. Leduc
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Dan J. LeducvCard
Related services and key industries
Dan Leduc practises primarily construction law and dispute resolution. He is frequently called upon to advise and represent owners, subcontractors, suppliers and builders in such front-end services as contract review, tender issues and general construction matters, as well as in litigation and arbitration.
Mr. Leduc has over 25 years of experience in negotiating, mediating, arbitrating and litigating construction disputes including construction liens, trust claims, delay claims, construction insurance claims, and architect’s and engineer’s errors and omissions. He has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating various forms of construction contracts on behalf of owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers. Mr. Leduc also has experience in surety bonding claims on construction projects, including performance bond claims and labour and material payment bond claims, and managing cases involving large volumes of documents, at times in excess of 300,000 documents.
Mr. Leduc is also an advocate of and makes every effort to employ Lean Sigma Six principles in his practice and with clients.
LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 1991
B.A. (Hons.), Queen's University, 1988
- Ontario 1993
Mr. Leduc has acted for the following clients recently:
- Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, Edmonton, Alberta - acting for subcontractor on C$12 million delay claim
- Seymour Capilano Water Treatment Project, Vancouver, BC - acting for subcontractor on C$800,000 delay claim
- James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, Winnipeg, Manitoba - acting for subcontractor on claims totalling C$8.5 million
- Blind River water treatment plant, Blind River, Ontario - acting for contractor on claims in excess of C$7 million
- Kagawong water treatment plant, Manitoulin Island, Ontario - acting for contractor on claims estimated at C$400,000
- Western University Student Sports and Recreation Centre, London, Ontario - acting for subcontractor on C$2 million claim
- Rockfall Mitigation Project, Grenada - acting for contractor against Government of Grenada on claim estimated at C$1.3 million
- Piccadilly Potash Mine Project, Sussex, New Brunswick - acting for contractor in C$52 million claim against owner Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan and EPCM AMEC Americas Ltd.
- Bruce Power Nuclear - acting for contractor in negotiating construction agreement for work valued in excess of C$1.5 billion for retrofit of four remaining nuclear reactors
- Halton Hills Generating Station project - acting for contractor in claim against Aker and Burns & McDonnell for over C$7 million
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Construction, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2012-2019: recommended in Construction Law
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2016): Construction
- Chambers Global: Canada (2015): Construction
- "Prompt Payment," seminar, Windsor Construction Association, December 5, 2019.
- "Construction Claims," seminar, Ottawa Construction Association, November 15, 2019.
- "The New Construction Act," Ottawa Construction Association, November 4, 2019.
- "Are you Ready for the new Construction Lien Act?" legal panel, Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario, October 24, 2019.
- "Are you ready for the Construction Act?" seminar, Northeastern Ontario Construction Association, October 2, 2019.
- "Federal and Provincial Prompt Payment," seminar, Canadian Institute of Steel Construction, October 1, 2019.
- "Get Ready for Ontario's New Prompt Payment Provisions," seminar, Ontario Public Buyers Association, September 27, 2019.
- "Managing Risks Contractually," webinar, Electrical Contractors Association of British Columbia, September 24, 2019.
- "Prompt Payment and Adjudication," seminar, Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario, September 17, 2019.
- "The New Construction Act," information panel session, Ottawa Construction Association, September 16, 2019.
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Construction Industry Forum
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- Society of Construction Law (UK)
- Ottawa Construction Association
- Kingston Construction Association
- Sault Ste Marie Construction Association
- Sudbury Construction Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Executive, Construction Law Section
- AACE International - The Authority for Total Cost Management
- Board of directors, Ottawa Construction Association