Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Elif Oral’s practice focuses mainly on civil and commercial litigation as well as class actions with a particular emphasis on insurance law, environmental law, professional liability and construction law.
A physicist by training with a master's in medical nuclear physics, Ms. Oral is a regular contributor in matters with a technical or scientific component.
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2012
- M.Sc., Nuclear Physics, Université Laval, 2001
- B.Sc., Physics, Université Laval, 1998
- Quebec 2012
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Law, Université Laval (2011-2012)
- "L'état du droit en matière d'assurances dans le domaine de la construction," in collaboration with Marie-Hélène Caron, Développements récents en droit des assurances, Vol. 451, Service de la qualité de la profession, Quebec Bar, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2018.
"A practical approach to the legalization of recreational cannabis for insurers," Legal Update Norton Rose Fulbright, February 2018.
- "L'intervention de l'avocat à l'ère numérique dans une salle virtuelle," Quebec Bar, Trial Advocacy Seminar, November 30, 2020.
- "Droits des assurances – 2503 CCQ et sujets connexes," Quebec Bar, November 26, 2020.
- Preparation and participant as a "technology" lawyer in the "Procès sans papier" or paperless trial of the Quebec Bar, May 24, 2018 (Quebec City), April 24, 2019 (Quebec City), May 17, 2019 (Saguenay), September 2019 (Drummondville and Shawinigan).
- "Produits d'assurance de construction : état du droit et considérations pratiques," Quebec Bar Continuing Education Program, May 14, 2019.
- "L'état du droit en matière d'assurances en droit de la construction," Quebec Bar Continuing Education Program, September 27, 2018.
- "Développements récents en assurance," Quebec Bar Continuing Education Program, December 7, 2018.
- Speaker, professional liability for the Administrator of the Chartered Professional Accountants' Group Insurance Plan.
- Chambre d'assurance de dommages, certified trainer.
- First Councillor of the Barreau de Québec (2020-2021)
- Secretary of the Quebec bar (2019-2020)
- Member of the information technology integration committee of the Quebec bar (since 2018)
- External member of the Human Research Ethics Committee of the INRS (since 2016)
- Director at the Fondation des Petits Bonheurs d'École (not-for-profit organization) (2016-2019)
- Director at E27 musiques nouvelles (not-for-profit organization) (since 2019)
- Pilates instructor at the Centre Pilates Québec and at Club Entrain (since 2000)
Publication | January 2020
Publication | November 18, 2019
Publication | February 2019
Webinar | June 18, 2018