Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Olga Lenova practises corporate finance and regulatory compliance for financial institutions. Olga's experience includes acting for Canadian and international commercial banks, non-bank financial institutions, and alternative and private credit providers, as well as corporate borrowers and issuers, in connection with senior and subordinated debt, asset-based and cash flow facilities, bridge loans, term lending, and other forms of debt financing. She also advises a variety of businesses, including financial institutions and consumer lenders on regulatory compliance matters.
Olga joined our office as a summer student in 2016. She returned as an articling student in 2017 and 2018. While articling, Olga completed a secondment at Bank of Montreal, where she worked on a variety of matters associated with derivatives. While at law school, Olga won the Honourable F.H. Barlow Scholarship, the Bruce Leonard Prize in Insolvency Studies and the Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Prize in Business Associations.
Before attending law school, Olga founded and ran a food manufacturing business for six years, gaining experience in regulatory compliance, financing and cross-border transactions.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Ontario 2018
Olga has recently acted for the following clients:
- Bank of America, N.A. on an amendment and restatement of a US$750m global senior secured asset-based lending facility in favour of MRC Global Inc. and certain of its international subsidiaries
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation on behalf of the Government of Canada on regulatory compliance issues relating to the launch of the Canada Green Homes Grant
- Barclays Bank PLC and to the other lenders on a US$1.1bn Canadian and US revolving credit facility in favour of WESCO Distribution, Inc., WESCO Distribution Canada LP and the other borrowers
- PNC Bank, National Association in its capacity as agent in a US$115m credit facility in favour of SSI Acquisition, LLC
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as an initial notes purchaser and administrative agent, in the issuance of US$2.05bn in senior secured notes maturing in 2026 and a US$500m asset-based credit facility in favour of NGL Energy Partners, LP.
- Affirm on regulatory compliance matters in connection with C$340m acquisition of PayBright Inc.
- One of Canada's largest banks on creation of an international regulatory compliance library
- Schedule II bank on regulatory compliance review of all consumer-facing disclosure documents and agreements
- Fintech company on expansion of "buy now, pay later" installment payment offerings into Canada
Budget 2023 updates: Addressing money laundering and financial crimes
Publication | April 19, 2023
Federal budget 2023: Impact on consumer lending
Publication | April 12, 2023
Summary of the new Retail Payment Activities Regulations
Publication | February 27, 2023
BMO is administrative agent on C$140m credit facilities in favour of GreenFirst
November 17, 2022
MidCap provides US$400m debtor-in-possession credit facility to Revlon
August 04, 2022
Churchill Asset Management issues US$230m credit facility in support of One Equity’s acquisition of PGW Auto Glass
May 26, 2022
CMHC provides C$145.7m financing for Hamilton affordable housing regeneration
January 20, 2022