Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Shreya Gupta is a corporate and commercial lawyer in Toronto. She focuses on technology, privacy and data protection, private mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. Shreya advises start-ups and early-stage technology companies as well as large-scale companies entering into transactions with technological components, including outsourcing, cloud computing, SaaS, technology licensing and transfer, and electronic commerce.
Prior to entering the legal practice, Shreya served as a founding member of a global not-for-profit that promotes innovation in healthcare and worked at a local technology start-up. Shreya joined our Toronto office as a summer student in 2016 and served as an articling student in 2017-2018. During her articling term, Shreya was seconded to the Bank of Montreal where she assisted with various corporate, commercial and regulatory matters.
While in law school, Shreya served as president of the Students' Law Society, vice-president (internal) of the Law Students' Society of Ontario, and an editor with the Windsor Review of Legal and Social Issues. She also received the J.W. Whiteside Award in recognition of providing outstanding services to the Faculty of Law, the legal community and the local community.
- Certificate in Negotiating and Drafting IT Agreements (Osgoode), 2020
- J.D., University of Windsor, 2017
- HBA, Ivey Business School (Western University), 2012
- Ontario 2018
Ms. Gupta has acted in the following matters:
- Advised various US and Canadian companies on Canadian privacy and data protection matters.
- Drafted and negotiated services agreements associated with the development and establishment of a municipal broadband network.
- Drafted forms of agreements and request for proposals concerning outsourcing of services for not-for-profit and Crown corporation clients.
- Assisted with compilation and redrafting of global outsourcing and services agreement templates for a major financial institution.
- Drafted agreements and accompanying schedules for major technology outsourcing deals involving clients in the financial services, healthcare and airline industries.
- Drafted and negotiated commercial agreements for a major pharmaceutical and automotive companies.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Toronto Computer Lawyers' Group
- Ontario Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario