Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ian Trimble practises in all areas of regulatory law with an emphasis on companies regulated by Health Canada, including drug manufacturers and wholesalers, cannabis companies, and companies involved in the marketing and sale of natural health products, food and beverage, cosmetics, and medical devices. He advises clients on market access and compliance strategies and helps clients to deal with regulatory and pre-clearance agencies. Dr. Trimble also advises on the regulation of healthcare professionals and interactions between companies and those professionals.
Dr. Trimble also assists with intellectual property litigation and commercial transactions, particularly where they intersect with regulatory considerations.
Prior to law school, Dr. Trimble gained valuable experience working as a pharmacist in Ontario and British Columbia in both hospital and retail settings. He is currently a licensed pharmacist in Ontario.
Dr. Trimble joined our Toronto office after completing a clerkship at the Federal Court with the Honourable Mr. Justice Hughes. During his time at the firm, he was seconded to a pharmaceutical company acting as their Canadian counsel.
BScPhm, University of Toronto, 2005
- Ontario 2016
- "Eye on Enforcement: Canada's Green Rush - Getting Ready for the Legalization of Adult-Use Cannabis" (co-author), FDLI Update, August-September 2018.
- "Pricing & Reimbursement - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author), Global Legal Insights.
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author).
- "Pharmaceutical Antitrust - Canada Chapter 2018" (co-author), Getting the Deal Through.
- "Top 10 Updates on Canadian Market Access, Exclusivity, and Pricing Issues" (co-author), FDLI Update, March-April 2018.
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Pharmaceutical Advertising - Canada Chapter 2017" (co-author).
"The Regulation of Cannabis in Canada," Forum de l'industrie de la santé de Québec, December 2018.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Registered Pharmacist, Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
Publication | February 2019
Publication | May 2018
Publication | December 2017
Pharma in brief - Health Canada proposes regulations allowing importation of drugs not yet available in Canada for an urgent public health need
Publication | May 2017