Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Steve Sharpless is a member of our business group, where he works with clients in a wide range of industry sectors, including financial services, communications, transportation, retail, infrastructure, forestry and real estate.
His practice involves all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, debt financings, corporate reorganizations and the formation and structuring of businesses. He also has considerable experience providing ongoing general corporate, commercial and strategic advice to clients and negotiating and drafting a broad range of commercial agreements.
Mr. Sharpless was called to the Ontario and BC bars in 2012 and joined us after completing his articles with a national law firm in Toronto.
J.D., University of Toronto, 2011
B.A., McGill University, 2006
- British Columbia 2012
- Ontario 2012
Matters in which Mr. Sharpless has acted include:
- Acting for BC's largest marine transportation company in connection with its operating credit facilities
- Acting for a prominent BC lumber company as borrower under an asset-based credit facility
- Assisting a large BC agricultural producer with its internal reorganization and acting for it as borrower under its credit facility
- Acting as counsel to a lending syndicate to a major railtour company in connection with its credit facility for operations in Canada
- Acting as counsel to a lending syndicate to a large BC real estate developer in connection with its $115 million credit facility for the first phase of a $1 billion mixed use office, retail and residential real estate development in Surrey, BC
- Acting as counsel to the pension plan of a national telecommunications company in its investment in US and Canadian based real estate funds
- Acting for a BC-based energy and resource construction and maintenance company in its acquisition of a pipeline construction and maintenance business
- Acting for a BC real estate investor in its investment in a horizontal development in Alberta and California
- Assisting a large BC real estate developer with an internal reorganization of its ownership of real estate assets and acting for it as borrower under its $120 million credit facility for the first phase of the development of a mixed use office, retail and residential real estate development in Burnaby, BC
- Assisting in establishing an investment fund making investments in Canadian multimedia projects and acting for it in its investment in various projects
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Upper Canada