Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Kaitlin Smiley's practice focuses on complex civil and commercial litigation, including shareholder disputes, oppression claims, corporate disputes, negligence and professional liability, class actions and securities litigation. She also advises underwriters on insurance coverage matters, and advises clients on issues relating to maritime torts and contracts, insurance claims, and other dispute resolution matters.
Kaitlin is a member of our special situations team that deals with public company disputes, such as proxy fights and takeover bids. Kaitlin has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as the Canadian Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal, handling complex interlocutory applications, petition hearings, and conducting trials. She regularly engages in alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, including negotiations and mediations.
- British Columbia 2010
- Canadian Bar Association - Maritime, Civil Litigation, Securities and Insurance subsections
- Canadian Maritime Law Association
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association British Columbia Branch Maritime Law Section
- Law Society of British Columbia
- The Advocates' Society
- Marine Insurance Association of British Columbia
Webinar | February 11, 2021
Publication | July 10, 2019
Publication | November 2018