Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Liza Volpiana advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate, including the acquisition, financing, leasing, development and sale of residential, industrial, office, retail and mixed-use properties. She has a range of experience in the area, including drafting purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases and other real estate contracts and providing advice on municipal zoning, land use, site development and other regulatory matters.
Ms. Volpiana has significant experience advising clients at all stages of the development process – from rezoning through to building occupancy. She has worked on a number of complex phased and mixed-use developments for some of British Columbia's leading residential and commercial real estate developers.
J.D., University of British Columbia, 2012
B.Sc., University of British Columbia, 2008
- British Columbia 2013
Matters in which Ms. Volpiana has acted include:
- Acting for large developers of multi-family residential developments in the Lower Mainland, including phased and mixed-use developments. Recent developments include "King George Hub" by The PCI Group in Surrey, BC, and "The Oaks" by Strand in Coquitlam, BC.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing acquisition and construction financing documents.
- Acting as lead real estate counsel to a railway company and its subsidiaries.
- Acting as lead real estate counsel to a local municipality.
- Acting for commercial landlords and tenants in the negotiation, drafting and review of leases for various office, industrial, retail, warehouse and strata premises, including negotiating anchor tenant leases.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing purchase agreements and acting for vendors and purchasers of office buildings, industrial properties and residential rental properties in British Columbia.
- Canadian Bar Association - Vancouver Real Property Subsection
- Law Society of British Columbia