Related services and key industries
Angela Grams practises business, technology, and healthcare law.
As a member of the business law team, Ms. Grams has been involved in the acquisition, divestiture and reorganization of a variety of businesses. She also provides practical commercial legal advice daily to clients spanning a range of industries.
As a member of the technology team, Ms. Grams advises both licensor software companies as well as those organizations acquiring IT products and services. She has negotiated all manner of commercial IT agreements, including joint ventures, strategic alliances, distribution agreements, VAR agreements, license and technology transfer agreements, custom software development agreements, maintenance/support agreements and source code escrow agreements.
Her practice as a member of the healthcare team involves providing advice not only in the IT arena, but also in various matters unique to the healthcare industry. She was counsel to the health authorities on BC's telehealth/telemedicine initiative, advising on the structure and documentation of that project. She also has experience advising on a variety of agreements with service providers providing healthcare services to the province’s health authorities.
LL.B., Dalhousie University, 1997
B.A. (Hons.), Queen's University, 1993
- British Columbia 1998
Ms. Grams has acted in the following matters:
- Acting as counsel in a joint venture among British Columbia’s health authorities and various equipment and services vendors to implement BC’s telehealth system
- Advising clients on a joint venture among 15 educational institutions to implement an online learning project
- Advising on developing a template master equipment purchase agreement for IT products and services for a public body
- Acting as counsel in connection with the development and implementation of enterprise resource planning systems for the manufacturing and retail industries, together with associated maintenance/support and escrow agreements
- Represented an internet service provider providing email, remote storage and other services in connection with its services agreements
- Acting for a manufacturer in the sale of its modular buildings business
- Acting for a software developer in the sale of its technology to a US public company
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2017: Recognized leading lawyer in the area of Corporate Law
- Canadian Bar Association
- British Columbia Technology Industries Association
- Canadian Bar Association - Business Law, Intellectual Property and Technology Law, Freedom of Information and Privacy Law Sections, B.C. Branch
- Canadian Bar Association - Health Law Section, National
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Licensing Executive Society