John L. Sampson
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
John L. SampsonvCard
Related services and key industries
John Sampson has practised with us since 2000 and was a partner in a major Canadian law firm since 1993.
Providing advice and counsel to a wide range of clients, Mr. Sampson is involved in all aspects of real estate, including acquisition, financing, leasing, development and sale of residential, industrial, office, retail and other commercial properties.
He has extensive experience in acting for both landlords and tenants in negotiating commercial leases.
He also has experience in public and private, municipal and governmental infrastructure projects.
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1985
- B.Comm., University of British Columbia, 1982
- British Columbia 1986
Clients for which Mr. Sampson has acted include:
- The PCI Group – in connection with its “Crossroads,” “Exchange” and “Marine Gateway” developments
- Grosvenor Canada Limited – with the acquisition and assembly of a full city block within the District of West Vancouver for the purposes of a high-end mixed-use development on the waterfront
- Westminster Management Corporation – in connection with the acquisition of its “Renfrew Business Centre” development site, the subsequent lease-up and subdivision of the site and the disposition of two-thirds of the site for $36 million (CDN)
- Blenk Development Corp. – in connection with its “Wilden” development in the City of Kelowna. This development comprises 2,000+ acres and contemplates the development of approximately 2,700 single/multi-family residential units over a 20+ year build out
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2020: recommended in Property Development; Property Leasing
- Acritas Stars, 2020: Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars, 2019: Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Chambers Canada, British Columbia: Real Estate, Chambers and Partners, 2016-2021
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Commercial Leasing Law, Real Estate Law, 2006-2021
- Legal 500 Canada: Recommended lawyer in the area of Real Estate (2015)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association - Real Property Section, BC Branch
- Various real estate industry associations