Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Carl Deeprose is a tax lawyer. He carries on a broad tax law practice, including corporate and international tax planning, cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
Prior to joining us, Carl practised in the tax group of an international law firm and articled at a tax law boutique affiliated with a global accounting firm. Carl has completed the Canadian Bar Association's Tax Law for Lawyers program and CPA Canada's In-Depth Tax Course.
- Ontario 2016
Mr. Deeprose has recently acted for:
NordStar Capital LP on its take-private acquisition of TSX-listed Canadian print and digital media organization Torstar Corporation
- TELUS Corporation, on its $1.495 billion public offering of 3.75 million common shares
- Parmalat, on its proposed acquisition of Kraft Canada's natural cheese division for $1.6 billion
- As international counsel, Energizer Holdings Inc. in its US$2 billion acquisition of Spectrum Brands' battery business and its US$1.1 billion acquisition of Spectrum Brands' auto care business
- Natixis Investment Managers, on its long-term strategic partnership with Fiera Capital Corporation, pursuant to which Natixis acquired 10.68 million Class A subordinate voting shares of Fiera Capital for a total consideration of $128 million
- Bank of Nova Scotia, on its issuance of its US$20 billion euro medium-term note program
- Green Growth Brands Inc., on its all-equity cross-border combination with MXY LLC Holdings for consideration of US$310 million
"Non-Resident Employees: Withhold on Worldwide Income?" Canadian Tax Focus, online, 2019.
"Tax competition is Coming – Review of the Federal Fall Economic Update," Deal Law Wire, online, 2018.
- "Tea, Maple Syrup, and Taxes" (co-author), STEP Journal, online, 2017.
- "Leaving Canada's New High-Tax-Rate Regime: Considerations, Tips, and Traps" (co-author), Report of the Proceedings of the Sixty-Eighth Tax Conference, Conference Report (Toronto: Canadian Tax Foundation, 2017), 32:1-24, 2016.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canada Tax Foundation
Publication | July 23, 2020 - 1 PM ET
Publication | April 12, 2020 - 7 PM ET