Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Carl Deeprose is a tax lawyer based in Toronto. He carries on a broad tax law practice, including corporate and international tax planning, cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reorganizations.
Prior to joining us, Carl practiced in the tax group of an international law firm and articled at a tax law boutique affiliated with a global accounting firm. Carl has completed the Canadian Bar Association's Tax Law for Lawyers program and CPA Canada's In-Depth Tax Course.
- Ontario 2016
Mr. Deeprose has recently acted for:
- Parmalat, on its proposed acquisition of Kraft Canada's natural cheese division for $1.6 billion.
- As international counsel, Energizer Holdings Inc. in its US$2 billion acquisition of Spectrum Brands' battery business and its US$1.1 billion acquisition of Spectrum Brands' auto care business.
- Natixis Investment Managers, on its long-term strategic partnership with Fiera Capital Corporation, pursuant to which Natixis acquired 10.68 million Class A subordinate voting shares of Fiera Capital for a total consideration of $128.2 million
- Bank of Nova Scotia, on its issuance of its US$20 billion euro medium-term note program.
- Green Growth Brands Inc., on its all-equity cross-border combination with MXY LLC Holdings for consideration of US$310 million
- "Leaving Canada's New High-Tax-Rate Regime: Considerations, Tips, and Traps" (co-author), Report of the Proceedings of the Sixty-Eighth Tax Conference, 2016 Conference Report (Toronto: Canadian Tax Foundation, 2017), 32:1-24.
- "Tea, Maple Syrup, and Taxes" (co-author), (2017) STEP Journal, online.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canada Tax Foundation