Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Emma Hamilton is an associate in our private wealth group and our charities and tax-exempt organizations team.
Ms. Hamilton's practice focuses on estate planning, estate administration, and charity and not-for-profit law. She advises clients on wills, trusts, powers of attorney, capacity matters, succession planning, and charitable giving, as well as executors and trustees on matters pertaining to estate administration and fiduciary obligations.
Ms. Hamilton is a frequent writer and speaker on a variety of estate planning topics and is currently completing the Diploma Program for the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
- Alberta 2016
- Ontario 2017
- The Private Wealth & Private Client Review, Seventh Edition, Chapter: "Canada" (co-author), Law Business Research Ltd., September 2018.
- "Estate Planning Toolkit" (co-presenter), OBA Trusts & Estates Law Program, April 10, 2019.
- "Make a Will Month," OBA, Humberwood Library, November 29, 2018.
- "Charity law update: Impact of GREs & 2017 Federal Budget on the charitable sector," Canadian Association of Gift Planners, Alberta South AGM, April 11, 2017.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), student member
- Junior Trusts and Estates Practitioners (JTEP)
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Young Women in Law