Our global intellectual property lawyers have considerable experience in all aspects of copyright law, including protection, due diligence, licensing and enforcement. We assist clients in everything from litigating copyright issues and policing copyright portfolios to obtaining copyright registrations and developing and negotiating licensing and ownership agreements.
Clients depend on our experience within the full range of copyrightable works, including software, data and database, audio recordings and music, art, motion pictures and television, technical and architectural designs, literature, mask works and semiconductor chips and evolving media, including telecommunications and the Internet.
Our work in copyright law is multi-jurisdictional, with our global team of IP lawyers able to represent their clients’ interests around the world. We are noted as a leading law firm in highly relevant technical copyright areas such as artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles and blockchain technology, and we counsel businesses across all industrial sectors for future copyright readiness.
Our areas of work include
- Anti-counterfeiting enforcement and seizure of copyright-protected goods
- Copyright litigation
- Copyright registration and licensing
- Copyright transactions
- Database rights
- Derivative works
- Open source
- Ownership agreements
- Portfolio management
- Software licensing and maintenance
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Intellectual Property, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Intellectual Property: Litigation, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Chambers Global, Canada: Intellectual Property (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Legal 500, Canada: Intellectual Property, The Legal 500, 2021