Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Simon Cudennec is an energy lawyer based in Paris.
Simon specializes in energy projects in France and francophone Africa. He has more than 10 years of experience advising junior and major oil & gas companies, service providers acting in the upstream sector and sponsors developing power projects (hydro, fuel, solar and wind).
He has been involved in energy projects in over 15 countries including, Algeria, Congo Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, France, Gabon, Mali and Senegal. He benefits from an extensive knowledge of OHADA (Organisation pour l'harmonisation en Afrique du droit des affaires).
A native French speaker, Simon speaks fluent English.
He read law at the University of Rennes 1 and at the University of Paris I - Sorbonne. He completed a Master in English and North American business Law in 2004 and a Master in international business Law in 2003. He is a French qualified lawyer since 2006.
Master in English and North American business Law in 2004
Master in international business Law in 2003
- Avocat au barreau de Paris 2006
- Advising a consortium in the course of the negotiation of a concession agreement for the construction and operation of a 135 MW combined cycle power plant in the Maria Gleta Region
- Assistance to the Republic of Gabon in the drafting of the new hydrocarbon Code
- Assistance to an oil and gas company in connection with the potential acquisition of the interests of an oil and gas company headquartered in Paris
- Advising a consortium in the course of the negotiation of a concession agreement for the construction and operation of a 50 MW solar power plant (largest solar power plant in West Africa)
- Advising a consortium in the course of a tender process for the development, financing, construction and operation of a 25MW solar power plant
- Advising lenders in relation to the project financing of a 44MW hydropower plant located in the Singrobo region
- Assistance to Tullow Oil Plc in connection with the negotiation of four production sharing contracts
- Assistance to Tullow Oil Plc in connection with the negotiation of amendment to two production sharing contracts.
- Advising ContourGlobal on a 10MW hydropower project to be located at Markala
- Assisting Chevron in the negotiation of petroleum agreements with Moroccan National hydrocarbons and mining company ONHYM and the acquisition through Chevron Morocco Exploration of stakes in three offshore exploration blocks in the region of Agadir. Chevron now holds 75% working interest in the three blocks, while ONHYM have the remaining 25% interest.
- Advising a major player of the Moroccan gas sector on the impact of the draft Moroccan gas code: analysis of the suitability and efficiency of the chosen legal regime for the development of the transport and natural gas distribution facilities and the purchase mechanisms considering the maturity stage of the Moroccan gas market.
- Advising ContourGlobal in relation to the acquisition of GTi Dakar, a 52MW combined-cycle power plant located in Cap-des-Biches in the suburbs of Dakar, from General Electric, Edison and IFC
- Assisting ContourGlobal in the course of the financing by Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) of the development and construction of the GTi Dakar 53 MW combined cycle power plant located in Cap des Biches, Senegal, that will operate on heavy fuel with an option to convert to natural gas
- Advising Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (TAQA) in relation to a contemplated swap of oil & gas participation interests between Tunisia and Western Canada. Assisting in the due diligence, oil & gas assets and negotiations
- Advising the Gambia River Basin Development Organization (OMVG) on the OMVG Energy Project involving four countries (Senegal, Gambia, Guinea and Guinea Bissau) consisting of the financing (by IFIs), construction and operation of two hydropower plants (located in Kaléta and Sambangalou) by private operators and a 1,700km-long interconnection line that will supply the four member countries
Simon reads law at the University of Rennes 1 and at the University of Paris I - Sorbonne
Publication | August 30, 2019
Publication | April 26, 2019