Our global communications, media and entertainment lawyers advise a number of prominent industry clients across the full spectrum of communications and media law throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
"Norton Rose Fulbright's services are high-quality, trustworthy and client-focused." Chambers Greater China Region, 2022
We were one of the first legal practices to establish a communications, media and entertainment industry group to sit alongside our global practice areas. This has helped us retain and enhance our reputation for understanding not just the law, but also our clients’ businesses, the value drivers in their industry and the pressures which influence their decisions.
Our clients include leading communications providers, broadcasting giants, independent radio, film and television companies, agents, event organizers, record labels, music distributors, publishers, artists, financiers, newspaper empires and telecommunications companies including mobile network operators, infrastructure owners and investors, technology suppliers and equipment manufacturers and financial institutions.
We offer a solutions-oriented approach to a range of transactions, including complex cross-border M&A and joint ventures, content acquisitions, network sharing and outsourcing, as well as advice on global regulation, disputes, license bids, privatizations and financing (including the sale and leaseback of towers) and investment.
Our areas of work include
- Advertising and marketing
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Capital markets, including IPOs and US securities offerings
- eCommerce, social media and online/mobile payments
- Exploitation and protection of rights, product liability risk management programs, software development, data protection, broadcasting and event sponsorship
- Litigation and disputes
- Media and entertainment including content acquisition, advertising, broadcasting agreements, creating rights, music recording and licensing deals, product development, sponsorship and TV and film co-production arrangements
- M&A, including complex transactions, bolt-on acquisitions, strategic joint ventures, partnering arrangements and network sharing
- Privatizations and license auctions
- Regulation and competition, including compliance, challenging regulator decisions, interconnection agreements, rights of access, pricing and bundling
- Sourcing and technology
- Sports rights and sponsorships
- Telecoms financing transactions
- Telecoms infrastructure transactions including fiber and cable deals and the sale and leaseback of towers
- Chambers Greater China Region, China: Technology, Media and Telecoms (International Firms), Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, China: TMT (Foreign Firms), The Legal 500, 2022