Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Sebastian Frech is a corporate lawyer based in the Munich office.
He has more than 10 years' experience advising domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, infrastructure deals, as well as private equity and venture capital investments.
Besides transactional work, Sebastian provides strategic legal advice to decision makers in the areas of corporate law, joint ventures, distribution and contract law, corporate governance/compliance and restructurings/distressed M&A. He frequently advises on spin-offs, reorganisations, minority participations and equity-based management compensation.
His clients include strategic and institutional investors, numerous international corporations and private equity funds, as well as German SMEs and start/scale-ups. Sebastian's recent advisory focus included, in particular, transactions driven by the transition in the energy, transport and mobility sectors. He also advises clients from the DACH Region on their projects and joint ventures in numerous African jurisdictions.
Sebastian studied law and economics in Bayreuth (degree in economics), Munich (law degree), St. Gallen and New York.
He is a German native speaker and is fluent in English and French.
- Swiss utility on purchase of a service provider and project planner for CHP and gas engines
- The founding shareholders of an e-commerce company in the sale of the company to leading private equity funds by way of a private auction sale process, including a return participation
- Leading manufacturer of heating, cooling and hot water solutions for a joint venture in the area of logistics
- Global energy company in numerous venture capital investments in the areas of digital energy solutions, storage and e-mobility in Germany, Europe and Israel
- Worldwide leading chip manufacturer in numerous venture capital transactions (Seed, Series-A to Series-C) in Germany, e.g. in the areas of Big Data, IoT, Wearable Technologies, drones or thin-film solar modules
- Innovation fund of a Swiss utility on numerous venture capital investments in Germany, including startups active in the areas of metering, storage or energy trading
- Leading company builder in numerous ventures with listed companies as well as German SME's, e.g. in the areas of mobility concepts, energy efficiency and various platform business models
- Various startup companies in their respective formation, early-stage and growth financing rounds as well as in connection with legal issues of their operational business, including distribution and general contract law
- Major global bank in the acquisition of a minority stake in a German mobile payment provider and in connection with a subsequent merger of the mobile payment provider with a competitor
- VC unit of a leading energy company in the structuring and implementation of a long-term management incentive plan
- Joint venture between an energy supplier and a hardware manufacturer in the field of e-mobility for the drafting of various customer contracts and products.
- German solar company on numerous utility-scale solar projects in various African countries, including concession agreements and long-term power supply contracts (PPA's)
- Private equity funds on the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading German motorcycle helmet manufacturer
- German motorcycle helmet manufacturer on the acquisition of a producer and supplier for high-end racing helmets
- International insurance broker on the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading German insurance distribution group for specialty insurances
- German insurance group on acquisition of majority stake in German FinTech company
- Owner family of a manufacturer of system components for household appliances selling the company by way of an asset deal to a Chinese conglomerate
- Chinese solar module manufacturer on acquisition of German solar company out of insolvency
- Private equity fund on the sale of various specialty casting companies
- Listed German automobile and motorcycle manufacturer on sale of an IT consulting company
- Consortium of a leading Austrian construction company and an energy company entering the German geothermal market and jointly developing a geothermal project in Bavaria
- Investment company of a leading global turbine manufacturer investing in a 400 megawatt offshore wind farm in the German North Sea, including negotiations with other investors
- Worldwide leading Canadian asset manager on the acquisition of a Franco-German project developer for wind farms, including a gigawatt pipeline, within the scope of an auction sale process.
- Various joint ventures in the wind and solar sector in Europe between project developers, energy suppliers and infrastructure funds
- Infrastructure fund on due diligence and regulatory issues for planned investment in a battery storage project in Germany
- Finnish investor on its investment in Germany's largest geothermal project
- Various asset managers of leading German insurers on the acquisition of numerous onshore wind portfolios (totaling several hundred megawatts)
- Case study: Negotiation of PPAs and investment protection for renewables projects in western and central Africa, annual Renewable Energy conference 2018, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Frankfurt, April 18, 2018
- Long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) for solar projects in Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast and Kenya, Intersolar Conference, Munich, May 14, 2019.
February 12, 2020
August 29, 2019
January 02, 2019
Event | March 05, 2020
Ausschreibungen für onshore Wind nach dem EEG 2017 – strategische Handlungs- und Finanzierungsoptionen
Publication | Mai 2017
Publication | April 2017