Related services and key industries
Janice Feigher is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Paris.
She has extensive experience in relation to arbitration matters, with a focus on international commercial arbitration.
She has appeared before tribunals in both ad hoc and institutional arbitrations. Her experience also encompasses litigation and mediation.
Prior to joining the practice, Janice practiced 10 years in two other leading international law firms.
In 2017, Janice was seconded to the in-house legal department of a major player in the Energy sector.
She is a co-chair of the CFA40, the French Arbitration Committee's under 40 group.
Janice is also a Diversity & Inclusion officer and a coordinator of the Women in Red network (Wir) of Norton Rose Fulbright which promotes diversity, inclusion and personal development.
She is a graduate of the Universities Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne and King's College London where she obtained a double degree in English law and French law.
She was admitted to the Paris Bar in 2007 and as Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2006.
She speaks French, English and Italian.
LLB in English and French law, King's College London and Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Representing a shareholder in an African telecom company in setting aside proceedings of an arbitral award before the Paris Court of appeal.
- Representing the majority shareholders of a mining company in Africa in ICC arbitration proceedings against the minority shareholder arising out of corporate law issues.
- Assisting a mining group operating in Africa in relation to legal issues arising out of international sanctions imposed by the USA.
- Representing a European construction company in ICC arbitration proceedings arising from post completion disputes on the Panama Canal Third Set of Locks Project.
- Representing an Italian company operating in the renewable energy sector in the context of an ICC arbitration against a European financial institution for the construction of a hydroelectric plant in the Balkans.
- Assisting an Italian company operating in the renewable energy sector in mediation proceedings with a European player in the field of wind turbines.
- Assisting an African company in pre-contentious issues pertaining to a project in the renewable energy sector (solar).
- Representing the UK subsidiary of a Canadian leader of procurement and engineering services in an ICC arbitration against a Russian EPC contractor in relation to the upgrade of an oil production plant in the Arctic.
- Representing an American company operating in the nuclear sector in the context of an ICC arbitration against a European nuclear group regarding the existence of a lack of conformity in the delivered material.
- Representing an African player operating in the field of high-speed internet connectivity in ICC mediation and arbitration proceedings against a European datacentre owner in relation to the termination of a services agreement.
- Representing a Moroccan real estate group in an ICC arbitration against Bahraini investors arising out of the termination of a development project in Morocco.
- Representing two Middle Eastern companies in relation to an ICC arbitration subsequent to the non-performance of an agreement due to bribery suspicions.
- Assisting an international hotel management company in mediation proceedings involving a hotel owner in Morocco.
- Representing a European distributor in the automotive industry in setting aside proceedings of an arbitral award before the Paris Court of appeal.
- Representing a leading group in the rail sector in an ICC arbitration against a Russian EPC contractor and for the construction of a railway line in North Africa.
- Assisting and representing an Italian BFE manufacturer in ICC arbitration proceedings arising out of the termination by a European airline of a programme for the design, manufacturing and sale of new first class seats.
- Assisting and representing an Italian individual in court proceedings in Italy against a French manufacturer of jet airplanes arising out of the termination of a contract for the delivery of a custom-made jet airplane.
- Assisting a leader in the aerospace industry in relation to the termination of a contract for the development, manufacturing and sale of winglets for civil aircraft.
- Secretary of the arbitral tribunal in several arbitration proceedings (institutional and ad hoc).
- Identified as a Future Leader in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions of the Who's Who Legal – Arbitration
- Recognised as a Rising Star in International Arbitration by Legal Media Group in the 2016, 2017 and 2018 editions of its Experts Guide
- Arbitrage et compliance: au coeur de la lutte contre la corruption en matière civile et commerciale, Dossier Thématique, Revue Internationale de la Compliance et de l'Ethique des Affaires, n°6, December 2019
- Mining Arbitration in Africa in the Guide to Mining Arbitrations, Global Arbitration Review, 2019,143 (with P. Hameau, C. Deydier and M. Robert)
- France introduces statute to govern sovereign immunity from enforcement, International Arbitration Report, Issue 11, October 2018
- Salient Issues in the OHADA Arbitration Framework" TDM 4 (2016), www.transnational-dispute-management.com, URL: www.transnational-dispute-management.com/article.asp?key=2370, October 2016
- Arbitration : what the CETA could change, Les Echos Business, 17 November 2016 (interview of Janice Feigher and Martin Valasek)
- OHADA arbitration at the crossroads, International Arbitration Report issue 7, September 2016 (with Christian Dargham).
- Report on the ICC Young Arbitrators' Forum symposium of 28 January 2016 on Arbitration in the hotel industry, Cahiers de l'Arbitrage/Paris Journal of International Arbitration, 2016/1, page 134.
- Director of publication of a bilingual case law review on the Vienna CSIG 1980 in the International Business Law Journal (2011-2016).
- Moderator, CFA40 Expert Series, Mining Arbitration in Africa (November 2019)
- Moderator, Arbitration and Environmental Law issues, CFA 40 (October 2019)
- Masterclass on Arbitration and Corruption for students of Cergy Pontoise University, April 2019
- Speaker, Annual Convention of the CIArb Dispute Appointment Service, Ethics in International Arbitration (December 2018)
- Moderator, CFA40 Expert Series, Who is Afraid of Gas Price Review Arbitration? (November 2018)
- Speaker, Wake up with Arbitration, Paris, Friendly Place of Arbitration? October 2018
- Moderator, CFA40 Expert Series on Construction Arbitration, December 2017
- Speaker, Unlawfully obtained evidence, Search for the Truth v Procedural Abuse, CEA40/ICC YAF/ Arbit event, Naples, October 2017
- Moderator, ICC YAF Panel discussion on security for costs: A myth or a reality? Paris, April 2017
- Speaker, conference on the valuation of quantum in international arbitration with Prof. Georges Affaki, international arbitrator and Frédéric Elkeslassy, financial expert (EY Dispute Services), June 2016.
- Speaker, conference on the recent reforms introduced by the ICC with Alexis Mourre, President of the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC, March 2016.
- Speaker, conference on "Anatomy of an international commercial arbitration", organised by Norton Rose Fulbright, Paris, September 2015.
- Speaker, Arbitration in Merger Control, Association for International Arbitration, Brussels, May 2014.
- CFA40 (co-chair since 2017)
- ICC YAF
- Arbitral Women
- ASA Below 40
- Law Society
October 12, 2020
October 12, 2020
December 18, 2018
Publication | January 12, 2021
Publication | November 26, 2020
Publication | July 08, 2019
Publication | October 2018