Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Jacqueline Heng is a capital markets lawyer based in London, qualified in England, New York and Ireland.
She is recognized as a "Next Generation Partner" for debt capital markets by The Legal 500, and as a "Notable Practitioner" in IFLR 1000 and was also named as a "Rising Star for Capital Markets" and "Rising Star UK" at the inaugural Euromoney LMG Awards. The Legal 500 UK 2021 has commended her as "Versatile" with "a particular focus on green bonds".
Jacqueline advises on Regulation S offerings outside of the United States, as well as Rule 144A offerings into the United States, and on both publicly listed and privately placed deals.
For over a decade, she has advised investment banks, DFIs, sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers and corporate clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including financial services, energy, manufacturing, mining and natural resources, transport and TMT.
Jacqueline has worked on various debt securities offerings (including corporate bonds, green bonds, sovereign bonds, convertible and exchangeable bonds, high-yield bonds, ORB retail bonds and mini-bonds), EMTN programs, CP and CD programs, and structured notes. She has also advised on liability management transactions (including consent solicitations and tender offers) and securities law compliance matters (including continuing disclosure obligations and market abuse regulations).
Jacqueline contributes to thought leadership on green bonds and sustainable financing, and is a regular author/commentator and panel speaker. She is a published author on, and deals with issues arising from, the transition from LIBOR to risk-free rates.
Jacqueline graduated from Cambridge University with an MA (Cantab) in Law and an LL.M. (Commercial Law). She was also a Cambridge Commonwealth Trust scholar, and a recipient of the regional ASEAN scholarship award.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Attorney at Law, admitted in New York
- Solicitor, qualified in Ireland
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated, the holding company of a leading pan-African banking group with a presence in 36 African countries, on its inaugural US$450m Rule 144A / Reg S international eurobond and its US$50m tap issue, each listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated on its inaugural convertible bond, the first by an African issuer on the International Securities Market of the London Stock Exchange;
- Coca Cola HBC, one of the world's largest bottlers of The Coca-Cola Company's brands, on its London-listed €5bn debt issuance program in 2019, the issues of €700m 1.000 percent bonds due 2027 and €600m 1.625 percent bonds due 2031, as well as the tender offer for Coca-Cola HBC Finance B.V.'s outstanding €800m 2.375 percent bonds due 2020;
- The Republic of Kazakhstan on the update of its London-listed US$10bn global medium-term note program (Reg S / Rule 144A) and the issuances of its €650m 1.50% notes due 2034 and €500m 0.60% notes due 2026;
- GuarantCo, the international development finance institution, on a landmark INR2.5bn dual-tranche unsecured wrapped and rated green bond issuance by Sindicatum Renewable Energy Company Pte;
- The dealers on the Province of Québec's inaugural, first, second, third and fourth green bonds, each listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange;
- Royal Bank of Canada on its inaugural green bond issuance;
- The National Bank of Canada's inaugural green structured note listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange;
- The dealers on Her Majesty in right of Canada's US$10bn program for the issuance of notes listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- The dealers on the Province of British Columbia's US$6bn euro debt issuance program listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- The dealers on the Province of Québec's US$22bn euro medium-term note program listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange;
- The dealers on the Province of Alberta's US$20bn global medium-term note program listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange;
- The dealers on the Province of Québec's euro commercial paper program;
- Royal Bank of Canada as issuer on its US$40bn notes issuance program listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- Sandvik AB as issuer on its €3bn euro medium-term note program listed on the London Stock Exchange, and on an issue of US private placement notes and a tender offer;
- Crest Nicholson on its issue of US private placement notes to US-qualified institutional buyers;
- The International Financial Corporation on its participation in three bond issuances, and on market abuse matters relating to bonds;
- F&C Asset Management as issuer on its senior guaranteed notes and subordinated notes, in each case, listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- The Go-Ahead Group as issuer on its £250m 2.5 percent guaranteed bonds listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- Workspace Group on its US$57.5m six percent retail bonds listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- On several solar green bonds linked to RPI;
- Petropavlovsk Plc in respect of its US$100m guaranteed convertible bonds and related consent solicitation and exchange offer;
- Peter Hambro Mining on its issue of US$180m gold equivalent exchangeable bonds, due 2012, listed on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange;
- BCRE-Brack Capital Real Estate Investments on its euro medium-term note program listed on the London Stock Exchange, and the issue of convertible notes listed on the Marche Libre;
- Akbank on its tier II notes;
- HSBC on its capital structure;
- A syndicate of European banks on the US$640m debt restructuring of a major international shipping and trading group;
- SGH Collectives Fund on refinancing a subordinated secured bond for a real estate fund;
- On a potential bank acquisition, including the due diligence and capital restructuring;
- KLC Holdings on its issue of secured convertible notes;
- Sirius Real Estate Limited on its issue of convertible loan notes;
- Close High Income Properties on its privately placed loan notes;
- Medifinan on its preferred ordinary shares;
- Good Energy on its mini bonds.
- Next Generation Partner for Debt Capital Markets, The Legal 500
- Rising Star for Capital Markets and Rising Star UK, Euromoney LMG Awards
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR 1000 .
Publication | August 28, 2020
Webinar | March 05, 2020
Transitioning from brown to green: the use of transition bonds and green bonds, and sustainability-linked financing in agribusiness
Publication | October 10, 2019
Webinar | May 23, 2019