Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Jemima Grimshaw joined the firm in 2014 and is a dispute resolution lawyer in the energy, trade and construction team based in London. She focuses on international litigation and commercial arbitration. Jemima has experience in contractual disputes in the energy sector and has advised on disputes arising under the arbitration rules of major arbitral institutions, including LCIA, ICC and ad-hoc arbitrations under a variety of institutional rules.
BP (six months): worked with the oil and gas legal team, supporting the oil traders and working on the first long-term PSA that BP had negotiated without external legal counsel.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2014
- On an LCIA arbitration for a German mining company that was party to a JOA in relation to oil and gas exploration activities for an area onshore Germany.
- The Respondent in an ICC arbitration, where the client was a world-class process plant specialist for the design and construction of polymerization plants.
- The Claimant in an arbitration under the Arbitration Act, commencing arbitration proceedings in London in respect of contractual disputes. Alongside this we sought a Court order restraining the other party from proceeding with the substantive dispute anywhere other than under the arbitration proceedings in London.
- On an ICC arbitration for an Angolan company which explores and produces oil and gas; the arbitration was brought under the terms of a drilling services contract.
British Gas Trading Limited v Shell UK Limited, Esso Exploration & Production UK Limited  EWCA Civ 2349
Publication | December 18, 2020
Better together? Court of Appeal interprets Farm Out Agreement by reference to Joint Operating Agreement
Publication | December 08, 2020